Life with the M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very late update

Hi all, sorry for the long delay in a update, kids seem to takeover sooner than you think!!

Any how's the garage is getting towards being finished now, the roofs on and all electrics are done, just need to do the plumbing now.

Here's some progress pics

Felt on and tiles being fitted, on the 400 and something my arms started to get a little tired

And roof done

He's a front view but missing the ridge tiles and ridge dry verge

I managed to get some epoxy floor paint at a bargain price I.e free only down fall it's beige but doesn't look to bad

And then a party shot and as it still sits until I can get the plumbing tools in.

Finally be able to get on with some car related work now indoors

Cheers

Comment

That's a top job, the beige even looks nice!!

A well earned beer or two after I bet?!
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Yeah 1 or 2 spooks the epoxy goes down quite easy really you just pour it on and smooth out leave for 3 - 5 days the you can drive on it without the tyres pulling the paint off.

Heres a pic against the E90 shows off how small the Z actually is,

Cheers

Comment

What's the benefit of epoxy over normal floor paint?

It does look tiny, but then so would the E90 in the rear view mirror of the MC
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

It's resistant to pretty much all chemicals once cured, also cures as a sheet so very strong against impact. With normal paint when your car tyres are warm and you park on it the tires will lift the paint straight off when you move the car again, something about tyres bonding to the paint stronger than it does to the concrete.

Comment

Good point about the rear view mirror, took the Z for a very rare drive out and my god i had forgotten just how good they are!

Comment

i knew would buy that bike after riding it ! Have you stopped looking down at the front fork to see if its bending yet , the hub is a piece of engineering .

Comment

Looks great. Now you can leave the E90 outside and give another Coupe a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by paulwirral View Post
                    i knew would buy that bike after riding it ! Have you stopped looking down at the front fork to see if its bending yet , the hub is a piece of engineering .

Ha Ha, i didn’t do a test ride as couldn’t find one near to me so just took the plunge !! which i am glad about, it was weird at first especially when i ended up doing some downhill style stuff across the peak district i had constant visions of the wheel coming off. The bike itself is excellent and the lightest i have ever felt ride well and appears to be holding up and far exceeding my capabilities..

Comment

Originally posted by Madlotus View Post
                      It's resistant to pretty much all chemicals once cured, also cures as a sheet so very strong against impact. With normal paint when your car tyres are warm and you park on it the tires will lift the paint straight off when you move the car again, something about tyres bonding to the paint stronger than it does to the concrete.
                      Clever stuff. What sort of price is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                        Clever stuff. What sort of price is it?
                        Thats the down side of it Spooks, to do my double I needed at least a 25KG tub and its pushing around the £300 mark for this

Comment

Originally posted by Madlotus View Post
                          Thats the down side of it Spooks, to do my double I needed at least a 25KG tub and its pushing around the £300 mark for this
                          I used this stuff for a garage floor recently - I used a 4ltr tin for a single garage and cost me £60 from a Johnstons trade shop. cheap but looked good but very strong fumes

http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.uk...FQTMtAodeVEAPg

Comment

Working...
                          X