Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n/s door card removal

hi
    anyone know if the airbag will cause a problem when removing the door card, as i need to fix the loose piece near the speaker on my car?

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
    hi
    anyone know if the airbag will cause a problem when removing the door card, as i need to fix the loose piece near the speaker on my car?
    The airbag is attached to the door itself, the door card only has the mirror control and tweeter connector. So you wont have any problems with it, just be careful when you're removing the door card at the bottom as the white door clips can sometimes rip off the back of the door card.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
      hi
      this may be helpful,

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/int...oor_panel.html

Comment

thanks for tips guys, have removed it today as some of the backing card is a bit loose , looks like its been off before and caused the problem , does anyone know what the extra space is for at the speaker grill 2 spaces 1 speaker?

Comment

Have you got the HK sound system? I'll guess not as I've got the HK system and I have 2 speakers there... No idea what the differences are though... :)
          BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
          ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

hi
            no not got the hk system , i was thinking maybe thats what the space was for, anyway just doing a bit of reinforcing to the card backing with glassfibre
            than back together

Comment

Working...
            X