Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Hella Adapter For Lights

Hi....

I bought a set of Z3 front headlamps last week. However, the ones (don't know what year they were from) have a different fitment of dip lights adapters to the old ones (ie the brown plastic bit that screws into the unit is larger and different notchy bits).

I only need x1 as the other headlamp had adapter and bulb already attached. Took this down to BMW, got the thickest person ever, said she couldn't help.

The brown adapter part has on the back -

Hella H7 >PPS GF40<

Anyone know where I can get another adapter and bulb?

Thanks
    Ex Estoril S50 '99
    Ex Porsche CarreraS 993 WideBody
    Ex TVR T350C Chameleon Blue
    Lotus Esprit 2002 V8 Twin Turbo

I think there are two sets - HB3 and HB4 style....

I think the new lamps have HB4 and the previous HB3

This sound right?
    Ex Estoril S50 '99

Comment

Most use HB3 for the dip and HB4 for the mains (or the other way round!). Also known as 9006 (dipped) and 9005 (main beam).

Not heard of any other bulb fitments for the Z3; are they off an old/early model?
      Last edited by c_w; 21-10-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hi....

Not sure mate, I have a feeling they are from a very late model.

I spoke with Ben from Chromeline, he understood what was wrong, appears the plastic adapter (which screws into the lamp unit) is about 1/3 bigger, using the "H7" bulb which is more common on the E46. He thinks these are from the US which don't use the 9006 option but the larger H7.

Thanks anyhow, think Ben has a couple of these kicking about his workshop.

Cheers
        Ex Estoril S50 '99

Comment

Mine takes H7 bulbs too, euro z3 m coupe manufactured 11/98
          S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
          Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

Not sure if ime being any help here or not,,,but i replaced my mains with hids and now have two spare bulb carriers ! they are sort of right angled..my car is an s50.........i can post if they are right !

Comment

Hi....

If you sit each adapter side by side, one from my orig lamps (9006) and the other from the new lamps (H7), the new ones are about a 1/3 bigger in size although same notch configuration etc.

The folk at BMW didn't have a lcue, kept offering me the 9006 type which you could see were much smaller.

Ben from Chromelline thinks he has a few kicking about, find out tomorrow, otherwise, he suggests to ask BMW to supply the adapter for the E46.

Will let you know.

Thanks
              Ex Estoril S50 '99

Comment

A picture of the offending articles might help out, to see if anybody has anything like it.
                Just a thought.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                X