Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Genuine BMW parts (and servicing) - from STEALER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
    I wonder if I should buy a few parts from Germany before they put the prices up
    That did cross my mind actually
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

true!!

R

Comment

Thought I'd order 20 screw caps...great value at £3.80 for the lot....but didn't order as they wanted £42.50 postage
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I think the caps were about £1 each when last bought from a main dealer, guess should be grateful then, but its a huge price for a little bit of plastic.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

26p each from dealer
            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I have checked a few prices with this company and they have been no cheaper than my dealer but they still say 26% discount

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                26p each from dealer
                Looks like I was done then, if same part "Screw Cover Blac, B51161949793.

£1.08 plus vat. £1.30 total (in June 2014)
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I think its the larger ones part number 51181823474 that are on the rear trim panels and number plate for some reason the small ones that are on the dash and console are the expensive ones

http://www.bmminiparts.com/PartDetai...C-274B0583BADE

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Dave. The small one is perhaps a more complex moulding that presumably drives the higher price. Likely also greater attrition in manufacturing because of their small size.

Comment

I have checked a few prices with this company and they have been no cheaper than my dealer but they still say 26% discount
                      It might depend (and maybe prices have changed in the past few days!). Window rubber was £20 cheaper for me, the DRL relay was £95 instead of £135.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                        Looks like I was done then, if same part "Screw Cover Blac, B51161949793.

£1.08 plus vat. £1.30 total (in June 2014)
                        I think its the larger ones part number 51181823474 that are on the rear trim panels and number plate for some reason the small ones that are on the dash and console are the expensive ones

http://www.bmminiparts.com/PartDetai...C-274B0583BADE
                        Yep, it's the larger ones. Just had the rear trim out to fit Rogue rear shock mounts.
                        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Yep that's right, I bought a few of each as I wasn't sure which was which!! The rear centre storage and trim behind the seats use the larger screws and the black caps are called number plate caps which I think is why they are so cheap? The smaller ones are crazy money for the tiny bits of plastic that they are!

Comment

I think you normally need to order 10x of the smaller ones but you can buy the larger ones singly

Comment

Brand new pair rear tail lights
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ta...MAAOSwgQ9VuM~-

Brand new OEM M sidegills
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Fr...UAAOSwLVZVsiHf

Seller seems to have a lot of OE parts

Comment

Looks like BMW have changed the way they supply some resellers so less choice when ordering new parts from other than dealers

Comment

Working...
                                X