rear diffuser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear diffuser

just purchased this of flea bay and to be honest not very impressed,i thought it was aluminium but its plastic so if anyone wants it ring or tx me 07969450805 .i did however like the look of it on the car so i have been to a local fabricators to enquire about having a batch made up.prices worked out at just under £150 each for 5 but would reduce costs for larger orders.photoes are of plastic one by (never done garage).i will submit photo of auminium one i am having made as sample which i am having powder coated,it will be 3mm base with 5mm wings welded on both sides.let me know if you are interested in either,cheers jess.
    Attached Files

I would have thought plastic is commonplace on rear diffusers?

Comment

there are a lot of plastic ones out there for sale but the better quality and higher price ones are aluminium or carbon,the manufacturer of the plastic one i have now have a mk 2 version in aluminium.i have also seen some aluminium ones in 2mm and rivitted instead of welded to save on manufacturing costs,the plastic ones were selling for over $250 and the later aluminium ones for over $300 but in my opinion well worth the extra cost.i will post pictures to compare when they arrive.

Comment

i have now recieved my rear defuser which i have had sprayed and polished up the edges of the fins.i know it will not be to everyones taste but gave me something to do over xmas.the company i used are tech projects based in newcastle they were really helpfull and did an excellent job ,the fins are fitted in slots on main frame and welded from underneath to keep a clean look.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks Good
          Previous: Silver s50 Mc
          Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
          -------------------------------------------
          Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

thank you ,i was going to colour match it but like the black and polised edges.the only ones i have seen are on american cars so was good to see what they looked like close up.

Comment

Must say it looks good in the pics. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh sometime in the future.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

hello pete ,there are three shows this year i would like to attend and am waiting for conformation from my wife which ones fit outside (her) diary.hopefully see you at all three.

Comment

Sensible move

Comment

Working...
                  X