"Sub-Forums" order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sub-Forums" order

Whilst its a great idea to add some additional "sub-forums" to the main page, can the order of them be selected and changed?

To me the "Detailing, valeting and car care" and "M Coupe Journals" want to come below the "Off Topic" section as they are less likely to be used. What do people think?

I think I just got used to the order and I now have to scroll down on my phone to view "For Sale or Wanted", "Spotted" and "Off Topic"......!!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Moaner

Hope you are well

Comment

Ha Ha!

Good thanks Simon, yourself?

But dont you agree......?!

Cheers
      Ian
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Im very well thanks Ian.

Cant say either way on this one as I just pop by to help on the behind the scenes things these days - like us updating the software in a bid to rid spam etc. The mods forum is the main place I visit.

I would suggest if you get a few people to agree about your list it will be looked at

re your question on software license - depending on what you buy its not cheap - the prices are on vbulletins site

Comment

It's the internet. It's what scrolling was invented for

Must admit that I usually view the forum via 'New Posts' rather than by browsing categories, so I haven't noticed it being an issue personally.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
            It's the internet. It's what scrolling was invented for

Must admit that I usually view the forum via 'New Posts' rather than by browsing categories, so I haven't noticed it being an issue personally.
            Ditto, unless I haven't been on for a few days and the new posts looks to be full up, then I go to the categories.
            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
            1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Quick Links - Todays Posts - Mark Forums Read

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                Ditto, unless I haven't been on for a few days and the new posts looks to be full up, then I go to the categories.
                What is this "new posts" you talk about?! "Latest Posts"?

I must admit, I think I read every post as I log on a few times a day most days!

Anyway, you mods should think of us "scrollers", especially on our mobiles - we're in danger of upsetting my routine here.....!

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                  What is this "new posts" you talk about?!
                  Located in the main nav across the top (so no scrolling needed, lol), in-between 'calendar' and 'search'
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I think there should be a dedicated "AC Schnitzer" section at the top of the list

As stated above I always just press "new posts" and don't browse the forum catagories.

Whilst on the subject of mobile browsing - so far as I know this site is not tapatalk compatable ? Any plans as it really is the way forward with a lot of people (including me) keeping up to date with forums via their mobiles ?
                    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                      Whilst on the subject of mobile browsing - so far as I know this site is not tapatalk compatable ? Any plans as it really is the way forward with a lot of people (including me) keeping up to date with forums via their mobiles ?
                      I have seen a few sites with that, what exactly is it/does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                        Located in the main nav across the top (so no scrolling needed, lol), in-between 'calendar' and 'search'
                        Oh bloody hell yeah, I have been year years and never spotted that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                          I have seen a few sites with that, what exactly is it/does it do?
                          Tapatalk is a smartphone app which presents forums in a much more user friendly way for smaller screens than a typical PC has. It is very slick and also seems to load threads a lot quicker especially when lots of pics.

So far as I know the forum software has to be compatable and the module added. Zroadster.net has gone onto it this year and bimmerforums has been on it for a while.

If you have the tapatalk app on your smartphone and a forum is compatable it automatically tells you.
                          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                            If you have the tapatalk app on your smartphone and a forum is compatable it automatically tells you.
                            I often get a little box up telling me about it but always cancel it! Will have a look at it next time - which might be a while since I dropped my Galaxy S2 in the bath and am awaiting the insurance people to get back to me!

Comment

Working...
                            X