A tale of two coupes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
    An enjoyable read and a prize example you have there Ian.

I can also confirm the radio still works!!
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I did similar recently.
      Swapped the MC one with the CR-V - looks loads better.
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

My wife thinks a long one is better!!!!!
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
          I did similar recently.
          Swapped the MC one with the CR-V - looks loads better.
          There seems quite a choice; im embracing the EU as this one is from a Citroen....

Originally posted by ian View Post
          My wife thinks a long one is better!!!!!
          I was told its all about the girth!!
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Bank holiday weekend and with a spare few minutes to do the odd job or two, plus the time to pop some words down....

After spotting Dave had a rear number plate light for sale (cheers, Dave ) and with mine looking rather faded, it was a good opportunity to brighten it up a little. A nearly 14 year old light....

...the light surround just pulls straight out...

...quite a contrast...

...and after a quick clean around, it look lots better...

The last photo makes it look like ive dropped the light surround and marked it, I didnt but it does give a clue to the next update, which might benefit from the Autosol....
            Last edited by Spooks; 29-05-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

One of the items I mentioned in an earlier post is that ive always fancied an exhaust upgrade, as like many, I dont think the MCs exhaust is vocal enough. I didnt buy one sooner as I always struggled to find a system that was the right combination of pipe style/noise/weight/cost, so when a Prospeed system popped up for sale I thought id waited long enough and went for it, the added bonus being the 200 cell cats (cheers, Simon!)

...as you can see it keeps the style of OEM, which is what I wanted but they're now ~80mm tips...

...ive literally only driven back from the garage to home so its too early to give my overall impression, but upon first impressions they're loud, maybe too loud (but it had been a very hectic day at work when I already had a headache ) .....

The massive difference is the weight saving. I didn't get around to weighing them but was easily a 10kg reduction, if not quite a bit more
              Last edited by Spooks; 29-05-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Another job on the to-do-list was the state of my headlamps; after nearly 14 years the UV had turned them quite yellow. I used the Meguairs kit since it had a protector spray to try and keep them looking good...

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...KcZZ8xRWu3C.97

It doesnt come up quite so well on the camera but here is a before shot (the drivers side was actually worse)...

...and following the 'clean', step 1,...

...and then with the 'coat', step 2, applied...

Like I say, not too clear on the photos but i'm very impressed with the results, its really brightened the front end up

It also justified the purchase of my DAS-6 Pro Plus last year that my wife said was a 'waste of money, you'll only use it once'
                Last edited by Spooks; 02-06-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

That nozzle looks very odd?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    That nozzle looks very odd?

Now you say, maybe it does! That's another thing on the to-do-list as its actually broken. In what was is it odd though?! Are left and right swapped over....?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post

Looks great

Comment

I agree. Really nicely balanced with well chosen upgrades.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

It would be good to hear a sound clip of the exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by David z coupe View Post
                            It would be good to hear a sound clip of the exhaust
                            I'm leaving for work in about 35 minutes.....

I did record one on my phone but sounds nothing like it. Is there a certain way of doing it does anyone know, with a mobile phone that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                              Now you say, maybe it does! That's another thing on the to-do-list as its actually broken. In what was is it odd though?! Are left and right swapped over....?
                              not sure but I would try swapping them

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                                not sure but I would try swapping them
                                Easier said than done I believe?!

What do yours look like? There must be a few photos in the photos thread of what new ones look like as well....

Comment

Working...
                                X