Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Door Handles

Evening All

I have the chrome door handles fitted to my car, which I believe to be original. Now, they aren't really my cup of tea and and I much prefer the look of the black handles.

Couple of questions
    1) Does the MCoupe share door handles with any other car i.e. the standard Z3 or the E36 coupe/convertible?
    2) Is there any thing I need to keep in mind when looking for handles?
    3) Does anyone have a how to guide or would you care to share your experiences on changing them? Changing the lock barrel looks like fun!

TIA

Chris

Cant answer any of the questions but could you not just paint them black?

Comment

Same as Z3.
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Worth checking to see if they are not just aftermarket and been added as they may just be stuck on.

Comment

As dave points out, some are stick on and some are built in. The surround comes off easily but the actual handle will require removal of the barrel.

They're the same shape as the e36 handle. Just be careful of the lock hole on the passenger side

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Thanks chaps,

All great input. I’ll initially check whether they are the stuck on aftermarket jobs.

I like the idea of painting them, saves me mucking around with replacing them.

Comment

Working...
            X