Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **E46 M3 carbon airbox OK for S54 MZ3?**

Howdy folks,

I'm interested in a carbon fiber intake plenum/airbox for my 2002 S54 M Coupe. However, most all of the ones that are on the market are for E46 M3 application. Many of you guys already know that S54 MZ3s amount for such a small number of cars, leading tuners do not even bother listing us as an additional application.

I'm wondering if this is the case with the carbon airboxes (Delage, Hamann, etc.). The two fitment concerns I see are the airbox coming into contact with the shock tower due to the Z3 having a smaller engine bay (doesn't appear so by pictures, can anyone confirm?) and having to relocate the dipstick over to the shock tower area. Does anyone know if the airboxes sold for E46 M3s will in fact fit? If so, how difficult is it to relocate the oil dipstick further towards the shock tower?

Thanks!!
    -Andrew

S54 M Coupe engine bay:

S54 M3 engine bay with Hamann airbox fitted:

-_-_-_-_-_

Comment

it will not fit, they are to big at the end

Comment

Have you tried MK-Motorsport ?? MAC Motoren?? Hamann?? If so are they available?? if so what £££??

Comment

CaliAgents1688 - hope you don't mind, I'm going to start separate thread off the back of your post - just checked out the page those pics come from, that's a stunning car.
          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Ben and...

not a problem pie-boy!

Comment

Working...
            X