Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ♥♥2002 S54 Stahlgrau Breadvan♥♥

Howdy folks,

just wanted to share my pride and joy with you guys across the pond. I'm the second owner, since 1,300 miles and selling it has never crossed my mind. In fact, it never will! ^_^ After the BBK, I told myself it'll be my last modification but that damn mod bug is a b*tch to cure!

Comment

Looks fantastic, it always helps having beautiful blue skies in the background which is something we rarely have. My favourite colour as well

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wav View Post
        Looks fantastic, it always helps having beautiful blue skies in the background which is something we rarely have. My favourite colour as well

Paul
        Seconded
        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

The best colour! I have the same as you but my door handles are the same colour as the body? Was this an option? I'm the second owner, so not too sure. Also, how much have you lowered your car and what are the wheel specs? They look awesome!

Cheers,

Nick
          Attached Files

Comment

looks good wish it was as sunny as that where i am

wng to say didnt like the wheels but the rear rims look awesome love the big rear lip

i feel sorry for you in a way havin to wear sun glasses every day and havin the air-con on lol

oh and paying buttons for fuel

whats the price of a gallon these days ?
            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by NickMCoupe View Post
              my door handles are the same colour as the body?
              the door handles would have been black, i'd guess at the 1st owner spraying them to match.
              The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
              RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Thanks y'all =)

Yeah, I'm also very fortunate in being able to enjoy warm, sunny days most days out of the year here in California. I was just in Seattle, WA earlier this week and I'll tell you I could never live in a region that is foggy and rainy (snow, forget about it) year-round.

Nick, like Trundler said your painted door handles were color-coded by the previous owner. I didn't do any measurements but I am fairly low on my TC-Kline coilovers. There is no wheel gap whatsoever and maybe even a slight amount of tire-tucking.

The wheels are custom-made Kinesis K59s (3-piece forged) with painted silver centers. Fronts are 19x9 with 235/35/19 T1-Rs, and rears are 19x10.5 with 285/30/19 rears.

Hey rage, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and we enjoy some of the best weather in the US. It never gets too hot or too cold. Southern California is a different story =)

Gas averages about $4 USD for 87 octane (regular) here in the Bay Area and it's continuing to creep upwards.

Comment

fuel costs

$ 4 a gallon when i was first over there i paid just over a dollar

but i just filled the defender up this morning ( dealer got wrong clutch for my new engine)

it cost me £1.25 per litre

thats 1.25 x 3.8 = £4.56 per us gallon

at current rates thats $8.92

your in a win win situation

you lucky lucky b`stard

martin
                  [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I'm officially lovin' those rims.

I would be very happy with a set of those.
                    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
                      the door handles would have been black, i'd guess at the 1st owner spraying them to match.
                      Correct. Just what I did to my Steel Grey Z3MC.
                      ///M Coupe 2001 S54 Steel Grey - Paulo M.
                      -------------------------------------------
                      ----- Sporting Clube Portugal - Forever -----

Comment

JESUS I've just looked at the price of those wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

well dont keep it a secret, how much

Comment

See here.

http://www.jkcracing.com/index.php?cPath=4816
                            Actually there are plenty more expensive(see Hamann for starters), it was just a shock.

Comment

You guys in the UK probably haven't heard of Kinesis and the aftermath but you can't buy these wheels anymore. For starters, Kinesis (R.I.P.) was bought out a couple years ago by Lexani and they completely ruined the brand.

You're paying for 70% name when you buy Hamann and Hamann wheels are boat anchors in comparison =)

These are the types of cars Kinesis wheels (very popular in Porsche Club Racing in the US) were fitted to:

Last edited by CaliAgents1688; 05-05-2008, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X