Trackday 26th November at Donnington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackday 26th November at Donnington

£99.00 for the full day through Trakzone, Donnington's own track co.

All those that are deffos please say aye.

If we get 10 then the price reduces to £ 90.00 each.

You'll need a lid too for those that haven't been before.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/trakzone/

1. Broccers
    2. Coupe Fan
    3. Dan P

Aye - open face helmet ordered as posted on your other thread.

And if you are not happy with the Coupe's rear view mirror, get one of these

http://www.reevu.com/rv.asp

Bargain at £300. I predict every karter will have one within 12 months.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

50:50 I will let you know asap!

Do you now what the weather's going to be like on the 26th?

Comment

Not sure if i'll be able to make this as i'm at Bedford for a track day on the 25th!!!! :roll:

I'll see if i can get an extended pass from her indoors :wink:
        Black S50

Comment

F@#$&$£ Telly :evil:

Was nearly convinced to treat myself to my first trackday and had almost convinced the missus. However... came home from work, turned telly one, buzz, spark, burning smell :cry: So I'm going to have to spend the money I was gonna spend on the day out at Dixons instead. Sorry chaps I'm a no :( .

Perhaps a pub meet before Chrimbo.
          99T Estoril Blue, Sunroof, HK Speakers, Cruise
          Read my M Coupe experience @ Auto-Journals.com

Comment

Loving the response so far guys.

Comment

Im sure it will be fine but give me 1 or 2 days to give 100% confirmation.

Comment

It's in the diary.

Need to sort a new lid - is there any standard I need to get to use it for trackdays :?:
                -------------------------
                Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.
                Ex Ex: 1998 M3 Evo Coupé, Estoril / Blk with all the toys.
                Ex: 2004 Z4 3.0i, Silver / blk with no roof.
                Now: 2003 M3 CSL, Silver Grey, lots of carbon fibre.

Comment

This would be my first track day in the M...........

If I do put my name down, as Dan said, whats the helmet requirements?

Comment

You can use any (motorcycle) helmet, but open face are preferred most of the time. There are no safety standards to meet for trackdays. I use a battered and bruised closed face helmet that I got handed as a freebie and on all my trackdays they've never questioned it.

Awooga!!!

2002 Silver Skoda Octavia vRS

Comment

Originally posted by Quinten
                      You can use any (motorcycle) helmet, but open face are preferred most of the time. There are no safety standards to meet for trackdays. I use a battered and bruised closed face helmet that I got handed as a freebie and on all my trackdays they've never questioned it.
                      Would you use someone elses old clothes that were given for free? :wink: I personally couldn't wear someone elses helmet, and if you've ever driven on a hot summer's day you get out of the car sweating in it.

A decent helmet doesn't cost that much for what it is IMO, especially as you have to wear it on your head.

There are techinically safety standards though its just that they are never checked, a couple of years ago trackday organisers were saying that checks will be made to ensure they were Type A approved but then most bike helmets these days (which are more readily available than car helmets) are ECE 22.05 which wasn't recognised by circuits at first but is now ok.

Comment

HELMETS - see page 4 of the other thread. Open face brand new on ebay dead cheap (£25-40). Just get someone else to measure the circumference of your head.
                        And when you've got one you can go to other trackdays without all this fannying around. Easy.
                        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Ref helmets, it's a bit of a minefield...see these threads if ur interested !

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/sho...rue#Post361033
                          http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/sho...rue#Post160767
                          (need to be registered)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...88202&f=18&h=0
                          http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...05497&f=18&h=0

To summarise..sounds like tracks don't really check, but best bet is a Motorsport Approved (MSA) / BS6658 helmet. Motorbike ones are arguably designed for a different type of accident so might not be ideal. Open faced may make it easier to talk to instructor / passenger but might not stop your jaw getting it.

I think I'll probably buy one of these, as they are MSA and not a fortune, plus I'll use it for karting...will find a local shop that sells 'em and try this plus any other similar candidates.

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/shop/shop...&title=Helmets
                          Ex Ex Ex: 1998 M Coupé, Estoril/Estoril+Black. HK+ MD+CD Changer, roof, side bags, lamp wash.

Comment

Obviously the safety aspect is key but what about vision.

I guess the open face aids that, but what about the one in your link?

You dont want to create an accident by not being able to see!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
                              Obviously the safety aspect is key but what about vision.

I guess the open face aids that, but what about the one in your link?

You dont want to create an accident by not being able to see!
                              Most of the track day / rally / karting ones appear to be full face, I don't think they affect vision ! (just make you a bit hotter / more diff to chat !)

Comment

Working...
                              X