Rogue top mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue top mounts

Replacing the rear top mounts with rogue's.

There is the option to fit the mount with the studs facing down or up. The obvious advantage of downwards is that work on the shocks could be done without the well known ball-ache of stripping out most of the sodding interior. Anyway, the question is whether this is correct and works fine.

Anyone use rear rogue top mounts and did you fit with studs facing down?

I have them fitted studs facing down with no problems

Comment

Same as Mr P

Comment

Thanks guys.

Tomorrow's job

Comment

Changing the mounts is easy, stripping the interior to get to them is a nightmare.
          Estoril blue S50 - 2000: Bilstien B8's, Spax adjustables, H&R springs, H&R anti-roll bars, Rogue top mounts, Tints, M5 alloys, Simota, Supersprint, ACS splitters.

Comment

Originally posted by langlands View Post
            Replacing the rear top mounts with rogue's.

There is the option to fit the mount with the studs facing down or up. The obvious advantage of downwards is that work on the shocks could be done without the well known ball-ache of stripping out most of the sodding interior. Anyway, the question is whether this is correct and works fine.

Anyone use rear rogue top mounts and did you fit with studs facing down?

If you have a boot mounted oem cd changer can you have a look and see how it gets its power.

Comment

Replaced the top mounts yesterday. They really needed doing as I think the ones on we're originals and the rubber had gone hard and they were falling apart. Hopefully rattle from rear end now gone....

Dave.....While it was in bits I looked at the power supply to the cd unit. It seems to be supplied by a dedicated supply that runs alongside the main loom. The yellow and black leads from the unit are connected by a transparent two wire connector to a red/white and brown cable that is tied to the main loom. Disappears under the carpets towards the front. Not sure whether this helps

Comment

Originally posted by langlands View Post
                Replaced the top mounts yesterday. They really needed doing as I think the ones on we're originals and the rubber had gone hard and they were falling apart. Hopefully rattle from rear end now gone....

Dave.....While it was in bits I looked at the power supply to the cd unit. It seems to be supplied by a dedicated supply that runs alongside the main loom. The yellow and black leads from the unit are connected by a transparent two wire connector to a red/white and brown cable that is tied to the main loom. Disappears under the carpets towards the front. Not sure whether this helps

Many thanks, just what I was after

Comment

Working...
                X