No announcement yet.

Trackday 26th November at Donnington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people say a full face helmet affects their vision but I've never felt it does; you can see in front and to the sides and can still use your mirrors. I think it gives a false impression of restricted vision more than it actually does.

Comment

''

Comment

Good threads danp. If you really are worried about stacking it at speed then go full face and remove visor. But I have seen numerous experienced trackday drivers with open face helmets; Sabine uses one in the M5 at Silverstone when giving punters their hairraising rides. If they are happy with them then so am I.

With the automatic seat belt tighteners in our cars you shouldn't be able to hit the steering wheel. Having said that, apparently the air bags are not that clever when they go off in that they can give you bad facial bruising/scratches, so perhaps removing the visor is not a good idea on a full face :?:

Either way, motor racing is dangerous (including trackdays if you are stupid) and that's how I like it. If you drive within your own limits and are aware of the cars around you then you really should not have an accident. You can only cocoon yourself so much in cotton wool before you become detached from the experience.
        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Broccers I had my name as a poss on the other thread but unfortunately am now busy that weekend. :(

Have fun all!

Comment

Nearly at ten I see

Comment

I will be up for this just wondered what the score would be with tuition? As its my first trackday and all..

Also got to find a lid!
              Ex S54 - She has gone....

Comment

I can do that date.

Comment

Is that 2 more yesz I hear ? 3 if Animal comes along to give AJL some tips.

To be fair its easy - they do sighting laps for newbies - off you go, get a feel of the circuit then build your confidence. Its not a race and you are there to have fun. Drive as slow or quickly as you want just as long as you are courteous.

I've a spare motorcycle lid if anyone is really desperate.

Comment

I think Rags said he will be up for this too. I'm sure he will pop along soon and confirm this.

Comment

Excellent guys - it'll be a hoot and good to see how much quicker the modded cars are, which I'm sure they will be :)

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers
                        Excellent guys - it'll be a hoot and good to see how much quicker the modded cars are, which I'm sure they will be :)
                        It will be down to the drivers. The Animals car is standard. He will be faster than all of us regardless of any mods lol:

Comment

I have found a lid now so halfway there..

Would be good to get to know the car better.
                          Ex S54 - She has gone....

Comment

I am in the same boat as AJL really.....

Would be up for this but don't know the cars limits!

Comment

Originally posted by AJL
                              I will be up for this just wondered what the score would be with tuition? As its my first trackday and all..

Also got to find a lid!
                              Donington is quite an easy circuit to learn in terms of where it goes (ie its not like Oulton Park which has about 2 or 3 times the no. of corners). Just take it steady and learn the circuit - I'd recommend going out on your own first anyway and get to know the circuit THEN have instruction so that they can tip on making better lines and brake/throttle points.

Comment

As its sessions it makes it awkward not sure how they run the sessions but I may offer some tuition. Ill certainly go through things with people before it starts and if they have any questions will be willing to help.

I hope to be there in my track monsta but if im not and in the mcoupe ill spend less time on track so will be easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X