This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine centre arm rest / cup holder on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/292210053292?

Arm rest

Now sold to a forum member.

Comment

What happened to the "The auction will run until completed so no "how little will you take for it mate" messages please."....
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Annoying that this was posted on here really as I had it on watch but anyway

Comment

Ebay

The point of my asking not to receive "how little will you take for it" messages is because I have had it all before with other items people want to buy for next to nothing.
          I had put it for sale on the forum first & it is a forum member who has bought it.
          I am happy with my decision to sell my property to whoever I choose as I believe that is my prerogative.
          I generally go along the lines that if I want something bad enough I do something about rather than sit on my hands & then complain later because I missed the boat.
          Maybe its just me but that's how I look at things.

Comment

I think what the others mean from my point of view is the item was listed on eBay. An auction site with its core principle being that, an auction.
            However, in recent times. The site has lost its integrity, because of its many members who only use it as a spring board to promote their item.

If an item is listed and described to run its course in auction and hence worthy incentivising potential bidders to bid in auction then the two previous posters have played by the rules and not the seller.

In my opinion, to have integrity would have been to point the other interested party to the auction link.

Or just say the usual "I have it listed elsewhere. Should I get a better offer and or more convenient sale then it's off eBay"

That's just my point of view.

Comment

Love a "point of view". Everyone has one.
              Someone speaking for other people is always amusing to me.

I wanted to sell the item to a forum member & not for it to end up in just any old Z3 via the mire that is Ebay & that is why I posted it on here.
              I have been a member on here for quite a while now & have owned 3 Coupe's.
              I have bought & sold various parts via members & this is generally through private messages.
              Anyone on here could have sent me a pm if they was interested & only one chose to.

I do hope that anyone affected by my rash decision making is able to get over this upset in their lives & is able to move on without to much therapy. I can only apologise for this unintentional poor form.

Comment

Yes, my point of view as being a member on the forum.

You sell an item, the new owner can do with it what he or she sees fit. Or then you make mention that only M Coupe owners are invited to bid. Your comment about any old Z3 makes me chuckle because to me it seems you associate yourself to some elite class of BMW owner. It doesn't matter if you have owned 3 M Coupes. I presently have 3 at the same time, it's not a big deal.

Your eBay advert came after the forum advert and on which you say the auction will run its course then it should be safe for a potential buyer to assume the auction will run its course?

You speak poorly of ebay and yet advertise there, that to me is someone with low integrity. Again, in my point of view.

Comment

I am far from elitist. I was merely saying that I am a long term fan of the Coupe & happy to help out another forum member. The forum for me has been a great source of knowledge & encouragement & members I have had the pleasure of having any contact or dealing with up until now has been great.

I am pleased for you that you are fortunate enough to own 3 at the same time but sorry to hear that is no big deal to you. I'm sure to most on here it would be a very big deal.

I can only apologise again for not conducting myself in an appropriate manner to satisfy others.

Comment

A sale's a sale IMO. If someone had won the part on ebay and Ady subsequently withdrew it and sold it elsewhere there may be an argument, but if someone wants something and a price is agreed before the auction end I don't see any issue with it. But just my opinion!

Saying no "how much messages" on ebay is different to being open to offers away from ebay. If I've got something on ebay and someone wants to buy it at the right price they get to buy it and the item is no longer available on ebay :)

Comment

These are a great mod, I'd like one but can't justify the cost. Has the forum ever had a group buy on these to get the cost down?

Comment

As David Z said, it really is a great addition, I have one in the S50 and want one in the S54 too. So I also had it in my watch list and having read "the auction will run..." I thought I'd have the courtesy to not email and just set a reminder for the auction end (and I would have likely won the bid).

I couldn't see where you'd offered it to forum members first, but if you are referring to this thread then I wouldn't call that an offer - simply a link to ebay, where we're told the auction would run to the end. Perhaps an addendum to the ebay link saying offers from members would be considered...?

Anyway, no real harm done. Are you still planning to sell your S54, by the way Ady?
                        S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Comment

If I wanted it (which I don't as I think the last thing the cabin needs is space being taken up!) personally I would've PM'd him.

I would re-iterate that stating that you're letting the auction run to the end does not become a global statement for anything for sale everywhere else, but is a good way to put off the thousands of idiots on ebay that will message nonsense offers etc. The auction becomes binding when it ends IMO.

Comment

S54

Yes my S54 will be for sale in the near future.
                            I will be very careful how I advertise it!!

Originally posted by PJ Westerby View Post
                            As David Z said, it really is a great addition, I have one in the S50 and want one in the S54 too. So I also had it in my watch list and having read "the auction will run..." I thought I'd have the courtesy to not email and just set a reminder for the auction end (and I would have likely won the bid).

I couldn't see where you'd offered it to forum members first, but if you are referring to this thread then I wouldn't call that an offer - simply a link to ebay, where we're told the auction would run to the end. Perhaps an addendum to the ebay link saying offers from members would be considered...?

Anyway, no real harm done. Are you still planning to sell your S54, by the way Ady?

Comment

Working...
                            X