• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£350!!! That's mad!

Maybe I'll just wrap some of the old style handlebar tape around it
    Love it hate it Marmite exterior, Jaffa cake interior... Perfect

Comment

is it easy to remove and replace the steering wheel or is it a dealer job?

Comment

Disconnect the battery (so as not to discharge the airbag), undo two star bolts at the rear of the wheel to remove airbag, undo 16mm nut holding wheel to colum. 5min work

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
          Had a quote from a person in london to retrim wheel in alcantara with 3 colour stitching was around 350 pounds a tad expensive i think, must be someone out there who can do it but was told its very difficult t do and it has to look very good when finished
          I had an AMG steering wheel trimmed in leather a while ago by a firm called Tappers in Birmingham...........Nice job and £120 as I remember, might be worth contacting if you're serious about a re-trim of the oem wheel.

My wife still has the car if you want to see their work.

Comment

would be nice to see the job they done , have you any pics please

Comment

hi called tappers of birmingham and got another shock to retrim my wheel £200 plus the dreaded vat looks like i give it a miss

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Raid-Leather-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

This is a tiny bit smaller and chunkier. Would just need a BOSS to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by sean.bmwm3 View Post
                  Finally found myself a steering wheel I like. Its a M-Tech 2 double trimmed in alcantara so its nice and thick and has the tri colour stitching all the way round. Feels great and makes the world of difference.

Hi Sean. How did you get round the slip ring differences when you used the M Tech 2 wheel on your MC? Did you have to swap out the MC column switches for early e36 switches?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinx320 View Post
                    Had a quote from a person in london to retrim wheel in alcantara with 3 colour stitching was around 350 pounds a tad expensive i think, must be someone out there who can do it but was told its very difficult t do and it has to look very good when finished
                    royalsteering wheels will do it for aprox £100

Comment

Originally posted by ultegra View Post
                      Hi Sean. How did you get round the slip ring differences when you used the M Tech 2 wheel on your MC? Did you have to swap out the MC column switches for early e36 switches?
                      the slip ring is the same on the E36 and the Z3, depending on single or dual airbags fitted (afaik).

Comment

old post but saw this Raid race steering wheel fitted to a z3m roadster,

Comment

Looks similar to my Raid but it has a rather nice flat alcantara bottom. Silver horn buttons don't do it for me though.

I can't work out if it's one of those silly small 320mm ones or the more "normal" but still small 340mm!

Comment

oooer alcantra bottom im in too minds on the carbon binacle too
                            [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              Looks similar to my Raid but it has a rather nice flat alcantara bottom. Silver horn buttons don't do it for me though.

I can't work out if it's one of those silly small 320mm ones or the more "normal" but still small 340mm!
                              its a Daytona race 340mm, does looks good.
                              the carbon dash is ACS and available special order for around £1200 !

Comment

I bought his old Carbon Schnitzer wheel off him
                                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X