Clear All

• Posting pictures how to

Ok guys here is how to post pictures on this forum

There are 3 parts
    1. Resize picture
    2. Upload picture
    3. Link to picture

1. Resize picture
    Once you have taken your fantastic photo copy it onto your computer. As you all have fantastic cameras, the images are huge. We need to shrink the image to make it sensible for the forum.

Right click the image and select to open it in paint. Once opened select the resize option (windows 7) or select edit>attributes (XP)

Once selected choose the size in pixels. These images are set at 1200 pixels wide

Hit enter and the image has been resized. Select 'save as' and save under a different file name (you dont want to replace the original)

2. Upload picture

We now need to upload the image onto the web. I use http://imageshack.us/ but there are a number of site that all work a similar way.

Once on the site select browse and select your resized image from the desktop

Hit upload and you should get the following screen

3. Link to picture

Once you have the edit post page up select the image upload icon and enter the address highlighted in the picture above.

If all goes to plan hit preview and bam

Any problems post here

Cheers my man! When I get a few spare mo's I will give it a try.
    Ex-1999 Z3 M Coupe S50
    Cosmos black / two tone Black & Kyalami interior
    Tilt sunroof/heated seats/chrome M gear shift/ Harman-Kardon Hi-Fi pack
    Engine strut brace/ventilated discs/cruise

weeeeeeeeee!!

Plus the 'daily driver': (Which is a secret because it's far too embarrassing!)

Comment

Also note you can store a few pics in your gallery on this site.
      Ex 2001 S54
      New cars:
      Lotus Carlton
      350Z

Comment

Any tips for posting multiple pictures?

sorry, total noob here!!

Comment

Now that the site has been upgraded does the posting of images need to updated to reflect the procedure for the action of posting pictures?

The reason I ask is that initially I started posting pics from my picture folder on my laptop, all went well until about 6 weeks back when I got a message to say the pics I was trying to upload to my journal thread stated that I had exceeded my limit (I didn't know there was a limit), and that is why there is the "deleted" post between post #6 and #7 as the post locked up as I tried to deleted the pics from the post (can the admin not remove that deleted post all together please?). Since then I have tried to load pics a number of times using the Imgur account that I was using when the old site was running, but in the end I gave up. Every time I tried to load pics there was an error message. I don't know where I'm going wrong so a bit of info to allow me to post pics again would be much appreciated. I've just been too busy getting the MC ready for this weekend at the Classic to ask before now.
          Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
          2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
          1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Since the site upgrade things may be slightly different but if you use Imgur or flickr the procedure should be the same, the new software doesnt allow for copy and paste

anymore so posting pictures from a web page is more involved.

This is how I post pictures from my PC (windows 10) using Imgur but it may be different depending on your own PC's operating system

When I have taken a picture it gets added to my OneDrive so then I use Imgur to allow me to add it to the forum,

Open up Imgur (I dont have to log in but do have an account)

Click on "NEW POST" in top left corner

Last edited by Dave P; 01-08-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Click on Choose Photo/video which should open up your computers stored pictures

Click on the picture you want to use and it should appear (you may have to resize if pictures is too large but works ok for me without)

Move you mouse to the top right corner of the picture and two boxes should appear - click on the right box - a drop down menu will then appear

Click on "get shared links" - click on BBcode (forums) - link should be highlighted - you can then paste into a thread by right clicking your mouse -

Comment

Comment

If you want to post a picture from the web you can use the same procedure if you can download the picture to your PC (some sites dont allow this but most do)

Comment

Cheers Dave I’ll give it a go tomorrow as I’ll be too kn…..d by the time I arrive home tonight to do any posting.
                    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                    1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Very few posts on the forum these days and ever fewer pictures being posted (except by me) so not sure if people are still unclear on how to so any feedback would be helpful

Comment

Works for me when I use Flickr
                        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Works for me using Imgur as I am up to the limit on flickr

Comment

Hi all,

If I'm honest, I wanted to post pictures a few times, but I keep hitting the limit (after I successfully posted first few). I also tried a link to e.g a photo on my Google account, and it just isn't easy, you never know if it will post or not, and I don't want to just leave a link... If I could just upload a resized pic directly by browsing on my pc / phone (e.g. under 1mb), I would post a lot more as I drive the car quite often, and take a lot of pics. I tried on pc and phone, just to make sure, with no success...

As for Flickr etc, I don't really want to share on sites I don't use, just so I can post a pic on a forum...

But, I still enjoy browsing :-)

Cheers V

Comment

It is also possible to add a picture from you pc by clicking on the camera icon on left side and this will add a thumbnail

Comment

Working...
                              X