Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of ACS Spoiler ?

Hey Gents,
    Do you know how the ACS spoilers are mounted to the OEM spoiler?
    I am going to remove it and put it up for sale as its no longer my cup of tea but want to make sure no damages occurs to the original one.

Cheers,

Gordon

Originally posted by boostina3 View Post
    Hey Gents,
    Do you know how the ACS spoilers are mounted to the OEM spoiler?
    I am going to remove it and put it up for sale as its no longer my cup of tea but want to make sure no damages occurs to the original one.

Cheers,

Gordon
    Is it the roof wing Gordon?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      Is it the roof wing Gordon?
      Hi Dave,

Yep, its the roof wing. I had a look and it seems like it is just held on with some adhesive so I might leave it alone as taking if off will more than likely damage the OEM and I wouldn't want to do that

Comment

Hi Dave,

Yep, its the roof wing. I had a look and it seems like it is just held on with some adhesive so I might leave it alone as taking if off will more than likely damage the OEM and I wouldn't want to do that
        It should be stuck to the rear screen with black adhesive which can be cut with a flat blade but it will then be bolted through the original oem spoiler so if you do remove it you would be left with two holes in the oem spoiler

Comment

Remove it I need one!

Or is there any other spoiler for our Coupés, maybe a little more subtle?

Comment

Originally posted by FabiZ3M View Post
            Remove it I need one!

Or is there any other spoiler for our Coupés, maybe a little more subtle?
            There's the ACS Spoiler (as opposed to the Roof Wing) which is what I have fitted on mine and is the more subtle of the ACS options. Possibly going to get it painted this year.

I love the look of the Roof Wing though as well.
            Last edited by Fat Tony; 23-02-2016, 08:57 AM.
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Comment

Not so much a fan of that. This is mine

Comment

Not so much a fan of that. This is mine
                  Looks good.....but polish those tailpipes!!!!
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thanks Spooks, roads were wet as you can see in the pic with the film on the rear :)
                    I have these to put on shortly

Comment

Is that a decat pipe to add to the boxes?
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                        Is that a decat pipe to add to the boxes?
                        Yes sir with an X pipe

Comment

Yes sir with an X pipe
                          Now Ive seen those for sale on various sites, what is the proposed gain from a X pipe?

The decat has always put me off as u assume it's a MoT failure?

Comment

Good Question but I have been told by my friend google"that they allow the exhaust to flow down the path of least resistance. At lower revs, turbulence is formed as exhaust gases try to shuffle past a second column of gases coming from the other side. While always producing more power than the restrictive factory system, the potential gains are not seen until higher rpms are reached. This is where an X-Pipe stands apart from the rest. Exhaust gas is pushed out harder as the engine spins faster. The X-Pipe merges this chaos into two uniform streams, allowing a smooth flow from engine to tailpipe."

When I have the MOT they vanish
                            Last edited by boostina3; 23-02-2016, 09:25 PM. Reason: can't type :)

Comment

Makes perfect sense...!!

Comment

Working...
                              X