New tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres

I have to change my tyres (original size 225/45/17 and 245/40/17).

In this years I've bought Pirelli PZero Rosso, Falken Fk-452, Toyo and Michelin Sport Cup.

I drive only 5k km every year, I use ZM on normal streets and on tracks (only for fun).

I don't want a very expensive semislick tyre (like Sport Cup).

I'd like e good tyre at a good price; maybe the right choice is the Hankook Rs-2, but I can't find in Europe rear 245/40/17.
    Maybe the Advan Neova AD08 are good?
    Others?

It is important a good price.

So, which one do you suggest to me?

Thanks.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3?

Comment

The AD08 are supposed to be very good, not as a extreme as semi slicks but their performance isalmost he same apparently.

Comment

From your description, the obvious and by far the best choice is Federal RS-R. A wonderful tire, it does wear fast but it shouldn't bother you. The price is silly, in a positive way.

c_w: I was dissappointed over AD08. Expectations do kill.

Comment

Thanks.
          Any suggestion for an european web seller with good prices?

Comment

http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15286

check blackcircles.com very good prices I am getting the advan neova ad08 soon

Comment

You may want something more extreme but, for a road tyre, I was very happy with PS3s on a recent track day. V good in wet and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by inside View Post
                From your description, the obvious and by far the best choice is Federal RS-R. A wonderful tire, it does wear fast but it shouldn't bother you. The price is silly, in a positive way.

c_w: I was dissappointed over AD08. Expectations do kill.
                That's the first poor review I've seen! everyone else seems to rave about them, but then maybe expecting too much for a road/track vs a semi slick tyre.

Comment

i've the AD08s and they've transformed the car (did have 452s). Levels of grip are excellent. However, when it is cold and slippery then they're junk. Answer, tyre blankets!

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                    That's the first poor review I've seen! everyone else seems to rave about them, but then maybe expecting too much for a road/track vs a semi slick tyre.
                    They're good tires, but they are not on a semi-slick level. They behave very nice. What bothered me the most was the traction, which I expected to be on a level higher. Especially since they are a lot wider than regular perf. street tires. And when you mix in very high price...

Federal RS-R's are better "semi semi-slick" for a much better price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruski_11 View Post
                      i've the AD08s and they've transformed the car (did have 452s). Levels of grip are excellent. However, when it is cold and slippery then they're junk. Answer, tyre blankets!
                      how are they in the wet?

Comment

Working...
                      X