Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbot View Post
    Ok chaps what is my Z3 M couple worth
    2 owners from new bought it 8 years ago with 19k on the clock now with 22K on clock used about once a month for last 8 years.
    Must be getting old selling to buy motor home.

Open to offers
    Hertfordshire
    Jim
    Jimbot,

Get the car professionally detailed and then get some very good photographs taken with the right lighting, filters and Photoshopping taken in a good location and IMO you should be asking around £23.5k as your starting point. Then advertise it on Pistonheads. Yes, that price is high but there aren't many S54 with this mileage.

There are plenty of motorhomes about, but very few low mileage S54 MCs, don't sell yourself short.
    Last edited by exdos; 26-09-2013, 07:40 PM.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

So my offer of 12k is out of the question then?! ;-)
      Wanted: S54 coupe

Comment

Originally posted by D4moc View Post
        So my offer of 12k is out of the question then?! ;-)
        Would be a deposit that shows you've serious.....
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
          Has the car been sat outside for the last 8 years?
          it has been outside for last 12 months as my dad need his garage back.
          Thanks foe all your advice so far will be making a few calls over the weekend.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
            Jimbot,

Get the car professionally detailed and then get some very good photographs taken with the right lighting, filters and Photoshopping taken in a good location and IMO you should be asking around £23.5k as your starting point. Then advertise it on Pistonheads. Yes, that price is high but there aren't many S54 with this mileage.

There are plenty of motorhomes about, but very few low mileage S54 MCs, don't sell yourself short.

+1

I would anticipate £18k being the very least to accept.
            Hexagon resale value at a guess: +£24k ?

http://www.hexagonmoderns.com/details.asp?StockID=3654

Comment

Originally posted by AOK View Post
              Hi jim. I'd possibly be interested.. £18k maybe a bit rich but I'd suggest somewhere between 10 and 15 depending on condition.

Good luck!

I would strike a deal with the likes of hexagon. You will probably clear as much as selling privately without any of the hassle before / after the sale.

Ps I'll give you £10k as I need to leave some budget to take the roof off
              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

I would get it on Pistonheads (only one private sale on there at the moment) and wouldn't touch dealers who take years to sell cars which they will factor into any price they give you .

Comment

Forget the motorhome. Buy a tent instead and use the cash saved to have a garage built. Have the beast detailed and pop it away for sunny days, or just to sell when these cars have fully appreciated. Simple really!

Comment

I hope you enjoy selling a car like that on piston heads. It will attract a lot of attention.......mostly of the wrong sort but you could get lucky with a genuine buyer first time lol
                    VIDEO or Journal

Comment

As a benchmark I bought a 33k black with Laguna interior s54 earlier this year. Shortly after buying it occurred to me that a collectible garage queen was not what I wanted and so I gave it to Munich Legends on SOR. They had a buyer lined up within a week and achieved around £23k. They were a pleasure to deal with. I would say yours is worth at least that if not more to someone who appreciates the Phoenix Yellow (on SOR).

If I were you, I'd chance my arm and stick it up at a punchy price (provided it's prepped well) and gauge the interest. I wouldn't imagine youd get too many messers calling up about this car. The interest you get is going to come from collectors and enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by M400DPC View Post
                        As a benchmark I bought a 33k black with Laguna interior s54 earlier this year. Shortly after buying it occurred to me that a collectible garage queen was not what I wanted and so I gave it to Munich Legends on SOR. They had a buyer lined up within a week and achieved around £23k. They were a pleasure to deal with. I would say yours is worth at least that if not more to someone who appreciates the Phoenix Yellow (on SOR).

If I were you, I'd chance my arm and stick it up at a punchy price (provided it's prepped well) and gauge the interest. I wouldn't imagine youd get too many messers calling up about this car. The interest you get is going to come from collectors and enthusiasts
                        I've heard of a few of the lower mileage S54s being exported for strong money, so that leaves even less in the UK.
                        /// Exdos ///
                        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Yep - my low miles black S50 was destined from ML to Indonesia had I not "intercepted" it and kept it here! :-)

CB
                          98 S50 Cosmos Black/Black interior (previously 98 S50 Estoril Blue/2 tone blue interior)
                          My band’s debut album Killer Diller by Drinking Bird Experiment is available on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Play and all the usual other digital outlets.
                          http://bit.ly/dbespotify
                          http://bit.ly/dbeitunes
                          http://bit.ly/dbeamazon
                          http://bit.ly/dbegoogle

Comment

]
                            OK chaps I have had a few dealers look at it today due to VAt and thier margin they recommend that I sell private.

Please PM if you want to see car
                            one alloy needs re coating car is fairly clean for a car of this age.
                            The only reason I am selling is I will have no space to keep her and a motor home!
                            Think i have all MOTs and service details I bought this car 7 or 8 years ago from Taplow BMW and have done 3~4000 since then.
                            Thanks
                            jim
                            Last edited by jimbot; 30-05-2014, 08:43 PM. Reason: error

Comment

I think that sounds a fair price , having regard to the low mileage and hope it goes well
                              S54 M Coupe
                              D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Great price for a great car, moreover with such a low mileage

Btw, what's that black patch in the wheel???
                                Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Comment

Working...
                                X