Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre choice

Hi Guys,
    Looking to replace my rear tyres soon any recommendations ? running standard 17" wheels and want to keep standard sizes,
    the car is used for normal road use....! and also looking at mid price range what ever that is

Hi mate contact funky tyres on Ebay or Facebook I got mine from him and am very happy

Comment

I had Conti Sport Contacts last time which were a good all round choice, not too bad in snow either.
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

what price are we looking at to buy I've had quotes for these -

Hankook v12 evo @ £88
        Avon zv5 @ £87
        yokohama advan sport @ £113
        Goodyear F1 assimetric @ £88
        all plus vat and fitting
        has anyone used these and are these prices reasonable ??

Comment

Have a read on here, I found it very helpful when buying winter tyres for my wife's car....http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            Have a read on here, I found it very helpful when buying winter tyres for my wife's car....http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/
            thanks Spooks

Comment

If I had to pick out of those. I'd go for the goodyears!!!

Click here to email me

Comment

contis and goodyear are a good buy (got contis on at the mo)...but the avon zz3 were crakin but wore them out in a few thousand miles
                S50 Roadster....

Comment

Falken 453 fitted earlier this year, went to 235 on the front and 255 on the rear fitted on the standard wheels, no clearance problems. Very pleased with performance in dry and wet conditions. I'll dig the prices out that I paid for them with Camskill. Great service on delivery and reasonable price.
                  Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                  2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                  1986 M635
                  1985 E28 M5
                  1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                    Falken 453 fitted earlier this year, went to 235 on the front and 255 on the rear fitted on the standard wheels, no clearance problems. Very pleased with performance in dry and wet conditions. I'll dig the prices out that I paid for them with Camskill. Great service on delivery and reasonable price.
                    Hi,
                    These tyres are a good price from Oponeo website, £80 front, £94 rear delivered, how do they compare to the price of yours tyres,
                    Are they wearing ok and are they ok in winter conditions, I'd like the tyres to cope well in both summer and winter if possible at that price.
                    cheers

Comment

Camskill cannot match those prices, just looked up their latest prices on website:-

Front 235/45 R17 97Y XL - £91.90 each

Rear 255/40 R17 94Y XL - £99.99 each (only one in stock)

I was out in torrential rain on Wednesday night driving back from Newcastle on A1 and the car was steady as a rock.

Dry performance is good. Tyres too new (done about 2500miles) to see any abnormal wear pattern.
                      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                      1986 M635
                      1985 E28 M5
                      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I have conti sport on the back of mine (P Zero) on the front and think they are pretty poor in the wet. I'm not buying either again.

I'm not a fan of pirellis in general.

I'm going to change all 4 when I get the wheels refurb'd next month any recommendations?

Comment

I would recommend Goodyear Asymmetric 2 in 235/40 and 245/40 for stock wheels. Cheaper than Michelin, but always rated as good as.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm
                          Last edited by c_w; 21-02-2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            I would recommend Goodyear Asymmetric 2 in 235/40 and 245/40 for stock wheels. Cheaper than Michelin, but always rated as good as.

I fitted a pair of these on the back my MC last year and so far they have been great, no complaints.
                            I would also recommend

Comment

I'm on stock size Michelin Pilot SuperSports. Amazing tires.
                              '99 Z3 ///M Coupe
                              '09 997 GT2

Comment

Working...
                              X