Where does rear M badge go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does rear M badge go???

Can anyone help with correct position to fit M badge on rear bootlid??
    The ever helpful Ben has measured his at 30mm from top and 50mm from RH side.
    As for concours/ show would really appreciate a definitive position if available otherwise I shall assume Ben's is the definitive.

Interesting one that as I'd guess most have been replaced at some stage on the S50s however don't S54s have a different non fade badge ?

Comment

when i was looking at photos's to position mine i noticed (on a lot of photos) that the S50 badge was in a slightly different position than the s54'. This could just be, as Broccers said, due to s50 owners replacing them and not getting the correct postion???
      EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
      Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

For the vertical position, the bottom of the badge is more or less in lines with the top of the rear light unit.

Comment

Hi Steve,

just popped out to the car park and measured the position of my S54 rear 'M' badge (as far as I know it hasnt been replaced):

From top right hand corner of badge to right hand edge of boot lid = 25mm
          From bottom right hand corner of badge to bottom edge (just above cluster) of boot lid = 25mm

As C_W said for the vertical position it is almost in line with the light cluster, mine is a touch lower.

Hope this helps.
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Steve,

Just blindfold yourself, spin round 10 times and then stick it on. This is a fool proof method, works every time ;)

Current - BMW M6
            Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
            Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Spooks quote "From top right hand corner of badge to right hand edge of boot lid = 25mm
              From bottom right hand corner of badge to bottom edge (just above cluster) of boot lid = 25mm"
              can anyone else with S54 2002 verify these measurements??
              I would have thourght that 25mm from bottom edge to bottom of the badge would have ben greater ie more like 55mm???
              More help otherwise may take the advice from Chris and spin!!

Comment

It's in the Bentley Manual...I don't have mine handy.

Comment

Thanks Car54. page 510-7 states in actual fact that the M badge is located central in the recess adjacent the reg. plate with top align with top of reg. plate.
                  has anyone got theirs here?? This cannot be right surley for the MC?? but poss. MR??

Z3 emblem is located 23mm from edge and 65mm from bottom edge.

Anorak needs help here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steveH View Post
                    Thanks Car54. page 510-7 states in actual fact that the M badge is located central in the recess adjacent the reg. plate with top align with top of reg. plate.
                    has anyone got theirs here?? This cannot be right surley for the MC?? but poss. MR??

Z3 emblem is located 23mm from edge and 65mm from bottom edge.

Anorak needs help here!!!
                    U.S. position/dimensions of reg. plate is not the same as U.K.
                    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Thanks Coupe-Fan.
                      I have just checked on PH and of all the S54s for sale they are all consistant with TOP of the Mbadge lining thro. with TOP of light cluster and LH edge of emblem lined vertically with the vert. edge of the boot/light cluster gap.

Are these all correct or all wrong??? now paraoid anorak!!

Comment

S54 badge, not knowingly ever moved, taken 5 minutes ago

Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
                          S54 badge, not knowingly ever moved, taken 5 minutes ago

That doesn't look right IMO.

Comment

Here is my car. Not a brilliant close up but the resolution is good so if you zoom in you can see the alignment with the cluster which has been mentioned.......

Last edited by Spooks; 30-04-2008, 09:53 PM.
                            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

These look "right" to me.
                              Last edited by c_w; 30-04-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X