Outdoor car cover wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor car cover wanted

Hi, looking for an outdoor car cover till I move and get a garage built.

I've got the premium one from Halfords (medium size) - fits very well indeed at a fraction of the cost of the tailor made ones. Only thing it's missing is the pockets for the mirrors, but still fits OK.
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Thanks for that, I`ll check it out.

Comment

If it is for a short period the Halford one is prob OK. If you read the reviews people seem to have them rip in strong winds.....however Halfords I am sure would refund you if it did within 12 months.

I fitted my Covercraft one for the first time yesterday and it fits like a glove and is extremely well made. It did cost 4 times as much at approx £215 for the cover, storage bag and cable lock including shipping and taxes etc but does have a 4 yr warrantee.......much cheaper than the UK.

I ordered one from the states over the phone, very straightforward took about 2 weeks to arrive.

http://www.carcoversplus.com/cover_sale.htm

I am planning on getting a fair amount of use out of it so it was worth the premium to me but it could be overkill for your needs!

Matthew
        S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Thanks, I`ll probably try the Halfords` one, as the car will not be too exposed to the elements in the back yard.

Comment

To be clear, the one I have is the "Advanced cover" - see here - although I have tried the cheaper cover on an older car and it did an OK job. Problem with the cheaper one was that it did not breath and condensation built up below it.

I'll try and post a pic at the weekend - I can't make it home before it gets dark at the moment!
            '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Got the advanced cover from Halfords. Seems to fit OK, althought the straps are a bit questionable, but I probably wont use them anyway. Lets see how it does in the winter weather.

Comment

Sorry to dredge this thread up, but thought I'd chime in.

In the face of the lovely weather we've been having recently I was planning to invest in a cover, but before shelling out the best part of £300 thought I'd try the Halfords Advanced option as above. £60, decent quality and fits like a glove. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say it could have been designed for the MC!! (actually, the picture on the front is of a 1-series....).

Only time will tell how well it lasts, but I have to say I would now expect a lot from one 5 times the price!

Comment

Well - mines lasted 5 months, snow, wind and rain with no problems so far. It did come off once in heavy wind, but then I don't use the straps routinely as they are a bit of a faff...

Comment

I had the halfords advanced cover on my integra this winter, it lasted 2 weeks then ripped open where the straps are sewn in.

I have a covercraft weathershield on the M coupe which i got from America, more expensive but 10 times better quality.

Comment

Thats exactly the same as mine and I have been really happy with it.

As you say it is more expensive but is a great material, breathes really well, dries super fast, seems surprisingly tough considering its weight, packs down really small and 4yr guarantee......you get what you pay for
                      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                      X