X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any members in Germany/EU for help?

Hi

I'm looking for some help from Germany?

UK BMW's incompetence knows no boundaries. I'm trying to get a rear wing for my coupe. After committing and failing to deliver, they are unable to identify if there is one outside of the UK. The absolute best I can get from them is 'maybe February'.

With my car in the bodyshop waiting for this one part, I''m reaching out to anyone who can/know how to search the EU?

Thanks in advance.

Fatcat

Fat Cat, try this German site, swift receipt and reasonable prices:

https://www.leebmann24.de/catalogsea...?q=51718401850

Part no33 in the pic.

If they won't deliver to you in the U.K. then send me a PM and I'll arrange it to get to you.

Comment

ECS in the States shown them due early December, I would doubt any European dealer would hold stock of these.

another German supplier ,

http://www.genuineautoparts.com/uk/

Comment

Never had a problem with UK dealers, usually they can see German HQ stock levels and if it's there then it will usually arrive in a few days. If it's not there, depending on where it's made (possible USA) then might have an ETA date which means awaiting a production run.

Comment

UK dealers can see German stock but not dealers stock. BMW are known to wait for a certain amount of orders before producing more of a certain part so when they cant give a delivery time they may be waiting for more orders I'm afraid.

These rear wings have been out of stock for most of 2016 I think .
          Last edited by Dave P; 13-11-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Yea I can't see anyone having that in stock at a dealer by chance.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Back in Sept/Oct I was informed they would be produced and supplied 1st November. Turns out not to be the case and the reasons given are confused.

I'll try contact the above.

Thanks
              Fatcat

Comment

I was given a production due date in April for a part as June 2016 (I needed it for July); went back late May and the ETA was pushed back to August so gave up and lucked out on a breaker for the part. It's not really a priority to be making parts for 15+yr old cars so if there's none at the moment (and very little demand) it could be a long wait before new ones are made (if ever).

Comment

Working...
                X