Z3M Chassis Issue... HELP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCOUP View Post
    I do know what you mean mate... and the car drives straight... just that when I do some "S" corners/turns, there are quite a lot of body rolls and it makes me feel unsecured and just like sitting on a boat, floating left and right...

Do you think a set of thick sways will fit the body rolls by a lot? I am currently running bilstein shocks all around with H&R lowering springs at 4 corners... plus front and the rear strut braces....

thanx matey!

richie
    Definitely fit some H&R ARBs as Chris has advised and that will considerably reduce the lateral bodyroll during cornering.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Chris and Exdos,

Thanx mates!!! I will look for H&R sway bars now... do you guys have any suggestions where to get those from? We only have 22 of M coupes in Australia... so finding a set of them locally will be close to impossible....

Thanx!!!!

cheers,

richie
      M Coupe from Australia

Comment

Chris and Exdos

Thanx mates!!! I will look for H&R sway bars now... do you guys have any suggestions where to get those from? We only have 22 of M coupes in Australia... so finding a set of them locally will be close to impossible....

Thanx!!!!

cheers,

richie
        It might be worth sending a PM or email to our site sponsor, Maahny owner of Evo-S at: http://www.evo-s.co.uk/shop/index.ph...3e8d88530b00c5

He might wish to go international?
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Exdos,

This question just came up when I revisited this thread.... since my driver side front and rear wheels tucked in a bit more than the passenger side, if adding spacers to those 2 wheels, the centre line of the drivetrain will be shifted towards the driver side and wouldn't it make the car feel more balanced? If the whole drivetrain is off the centre now, won't 2 spacers help to bring the off-centre issue back to normal cosmetically and functionally?

Thanx mate

cheers,

richie
          M Coupe from Australia

Comment

Exdos,

This question just came up when I revisited this thread.... since my driver side front and rear wheels tucked in a bit more than the passenger side, if adding spacers to those 2 wheels, the centre line of the drivetrain will be shifted towards the driver side and wouldn't it make the car feel more balanced? If the whole drivetrain is off the centre now, won't 2 spacers help to bring the off-centre issue back to normal cosmetically and functionally?

Thanx mate

cheers,

richie
            MCOUP,

I can't see why you keep coming back to this.

Your bodyshell is just a covering for you to sit inside and it doesn't really matter whether it covers the wheels more on one side than another, although it seems to be driving you nuts that it is not perfectly symmetrical. I agree it would look best if it were perfectly symmetrical but it won't affect how the car drives unless the car is twisted and thus the thrustline is way out of "centre".

Do you really think that your two half-shafts coming off the diff to the left and right rear wheels are of different lengths and that is the reason why the wheels on one side seem to tuck in less/more on opposite sides of your car?
            Think about this carefully!

If your car won't drive straight and pulls to one side and/or the tyres are wearing very unevenly on opposite sides, then get it properly aligned, otherwise forget about it.
            Last edited by exdos; 27-12-2007, 01:07 AM.
            /// Exdos ///

Comment

Exdos,

Thanx for that mate!!! Just a thought about because I was going to put spacers are 4 corners and came across this question... that and I also thought about the uneven length of drive shafts from the rear diff too if I only put spacers at 1 side of the car... that will surely affect the car too as you pointed out... BMW did an alignment on my car a couple of weeks ago and they said it was fine too... so I guess I should just put this behind my head and never get back to this topic.... :)

cheers,

richie
              M Coupe from Australia

Comment

Working...
              X