Transmission knock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission knock

Can anyone share any info on a transmission knock on my MC? Only had the car for a month and since picking up it seems to have a lot of backlash in the transmissionand when changing gear under load there is a thud when releasing the clutch. 1999 MC with 65k miles. Any help appreciated.

Top mounts or maybe crack in your diff case ? I had this too and the casing broke one day - search the gallery for pics.

Comment

Style of driving as well. I remember that was the case when the other half started driving the MC, but by slowing releasing the clutch seems to have cured it.

As Broccers said above get the diff mounting checked anyway.

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

...and don't forget the rear damper top-mounts -- i've just changed mine and no more thumps :-)

Comment

There does seem a lot of backlash with thse cars if you're not smooth with the clutch.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'll check the diff case and mounts as you suggest. I've tried a softer use of the clutch today and although the clonking is reduced it does not seem right. I'll get it up on a ramp and take a good look. Anyone you can recommend for a once over in Bedfordshire?

Comment

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5230

and do a main site search under beds or bedfordshire.
              Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Great stuff and only 20mins away. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X