Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 issues which are P***ing me off

Hey guys,

So iv had my car now years and i have had some issue's along the way its 99 S50, but these to issue's are really becoming a pain and annoying...

1st issue - when im taking a left bend faster then usual i feel a awlful metalic scratching noise coming through the streering wheel but ti goes away when i come out straight?????

2nd issue - im getting a vibration/Shudder coming from the rear through my seat when i accelerate from low rev's, now i only feel this vibration at about 2,5rpm to 3,0rpm, and its at it worst when the car is cold wen the car warms up it feels better but still there! this only started about a few weeks after i got my clutch changed so im nt sure if it could be related to that.

i really need some info guys! i will really be grateful!

anyone got any idea's?

Comment

Knackered bearing on the prop-shaft?

I'd also add that if it only started after a clutch change then they could have mis-aligned the prop, sending it out of balance, during reassembly.

Paul
      Last edited by Wav; 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

This might sound mad, but I have just replaced the near side wheel bearing on my girlfriends beetle which had exactly the same symtoms as you describe while turning. Noise was still there when the bearing was replaced. It turned out to be the break gaurd at the rear of the disk. It some how had been bent and was sitting millimeters from the face of the disk and on cornering was coming into contact with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wav View Post
          Knackered bearing on the prop-shaft?

I'd also add that if it only started after a clutch change then they could have mis-aligned the prop, sending it out of balance, during reassembly.

Paul
          Could one of these options cause problems in the future? regarding diff? gearbox? propshaft?

GAV Z3Mcoupe - thanks for the tip! il jack the car up and turn the wheels, how did you find this out btw?

Comment

Working...
          X