Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > General Discussion
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Yep. Firstday back at work after Xmas the driver’s window lift broke (luckily right near the top as we had sideways sleet that week). Had to wait over a week for the window parts so had the big inspection service done as well.

Instrument cluster had been fading on the service light indicator stage so needed replacing and first replacement part was equally faulty. On my way via rail to pick it up today.

It’s been working and living in West London for a couple of years and not enjoying it (like its owner to be fair) so I’ve some cosmetics to sort or discuss and then likely put up for sale when the weather picks up properly.

Just as a quick query for anyone reading - what’s the received wisdom re respray. Roof panel has a big chip that needs addressing. Is it best to have the price reflect cost of paint restoration on the basis that prospective buyers will have a favoured paint shop or do I get it done before sale? Cheers
Old 24-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Buying a car in this likely price range, most people would be seeking one that is well presented and without obvious fault I would assume.

The other market is for the bargain buy, perhaps running restoration brigade.

Guess it depends on the price you want and the market you target.

Hope these thoughts help.

Ian
Old 24-02-2018, 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=ian;176349]Buying a car in this likely price range, most people would be seeking one that is well presented and without obvious fault I would assume.

The other market is for the bargain buy, perhaps running restoration brigade.

Guess it depends on the price you want and the market you target.

Hope these thoughts help.

Ian[/QUOTE
HunYadis post has nothing to do with with the thread,,,,needs to be moved into Discussion.
Old 24-02-2018, 06:53 PM

Sorry kwoffa,

Back on topic and as per initial post - from your view as a moderator has there been a recent cull of accounts or some software patch on the forum affecting usernames with odd characters? My original (actual account) seems to be in some sort of limbo and attempts to get it resolved didn’t seem to work.

Maybe other user accounts are affected?
Old 25-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunyadi View Post
Sorry kwoffa,

Back on topic and as per initial post - from your view as a moderator has there been a recent cull of accounts or some software patch on the forum affecting usernames with odd characters? My original (actual account) seems to be in some sort of limbo and attempts to get it resolved didn’t seem to work.

Maybe other user accounts are affected?

I will answer for Kwoffa, I am not aware of anyone else having issues with logging in at the moment, I also don't think any of the forum software has changed in the last 6 months, I have looked at the account under user name 'yadi and I cant see anything obviously wrong.

I have no record of admin being contacted from yourself so there may be a reporting issue which will need to be investigated.
Old 26-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Cheers Mr P
Old 26-02-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbrennan View Post
Would panels be done through BMW?
Definitely interested in some panels as a group buy - good question, presumably this could only be through BMW directly?