X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo advice please

OK, I can't take it any more.
    The BMW Business has to go.

My main requirements are really bluetooth and a usb socket.
    No ipod issue as I don't have one and never want one.

Was gonna buy H4pry's becker but was too slow so now i'm in the mood I've dug up this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8009.html

Fantastically I can stream toons from the phone and it'll also route calls automatically too. Has anyone used music streaming in this way - whats the quality like?
    Then Ill just buy a tomtom or something similar that me and the enemy can swap between cars, and I expect I can integrate that through the joys of bluetooth too.

So, Alpine used to have a good rep - are they still any cop?

Is there any reason why a stereo bought from Germany wouldn't work fine over here? Might be cheaper for me to source something decent this way.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Seca Blue; 09-07-2008, 07:19 PM.
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Originally posted by Forever_Driving View Post
    OK, I can't take it any more.
    The BMW Business has to go.

My main requirements are really bluetooth and a usb socket.
    No ipod issue as I don't have one and never want one.

Was gonna buy H4pry's becker but was too slow so now i'm in the mood I've dug up this:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8009.html

Fantastically I can stream toons from the phone and it'll also route calls automatically too.
    Then Ill just buy a tomtom or something similar that me and the enemy can swap between cars, and I expect I can integrate that through the joys of bluetooth too.

So, Alpine used to have a good rep - are they still any cop?

Cheers,
    Yeah got one in mine, fantastic sound, especially compared to the standard unit!
    im not keen on mine as its got silver shinny bits on it but that one is nice and black

Comment

I hope you set a birthday greeting message.
      Just found that in the online manual.

I cant see anything about a card slot. Could you just plug in a usb stick somewhere or does it need to be an ipod or similar?

Oh and have you tried the music streaming - any cop?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_Driving View Post
        I hope you set a birthday greeting message.
        Just found that in the online manual.

I cant see anything about a card slot. Could you just plug in a usb stick somewhere or does it need to be an ipod or similar?

Oh and have you tried the music streaming - any cop?
        when i said i got one in mine i meant alpine not that one

Comment

The Beckers are great headunits however IIRC there are supply problems with some of their BT units from Germany. For sound quality I understand the Alpines are excellent units.

I would certainly recommend fitting a unit that is in-line with the MC's retro theme otherwise you'll just want to change it again. I certainly did after I fitted the Pioneer X1BT.

Good luck!
          Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
          In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Pretty pleased with my Becker Indianapolis (suits retro looks, good sound and sat nav) but there is a problem with the display going blank when ejecting a cd..but resolves itself when you press the eject button again after the CD is ejected. Another member has had the same problem with his Grand Prix
            Last edited by simon768622; 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by h4pry View Post
              The Beckers are great headunits however IIRC there are supply problems with some of their BT units from Germany. For sound quality I understand the Alpines are excellent units.

I would certainly recommend fitting a unit that is in-line with the MC's retro theme otherwise you'll just want to change it again. I certainly did after I fitted the Pioneer X1BT.

Good luck!
              Yep totally agree - but it's tricky. Might look at the cheaper non sat backers and see what they are like too - but thought the Alpine looked ok.

more research upcoming it seems.

Comment

Working...
              X