A bit more noise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit more noise!!

Hi, I know this isn't a new topic but I'd welcome your advice and experience.

My MC's got a few mods including a Supersprint exhaust. It sound great, but I'm sure it can still be improved on. A bit more noise when the throttles opened would increase the size of my grin!

Extra BHP would be nice, but not essential. I really cannot justify spending a load of money on shiny under the bonnet carbon. I'd like it, but the budget won't run to it (unless anyones selling a SH one?). I've been looking at Simota filters (£200ish). Would this be the best buy for the job?

All thoughts welcome, plus any tips on where best to purchase from?
    Scram

2000 W Z3M Coupe in Dakar Yellow
    Schrick 284 Cams
    Simota Induction Kit
    3.46 Diff
    Competition Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
    Quick Shift Kit
    Bilstein Sprint & Polybushed Suspension
    H&R ARB's
    Supersprint Exhaust
    ACS Flippers and Rear Spoiler

I run a simota on mine and it makes a great noise under full throttle. Nicely complements the supersprint.

Good value for money and you should get a fair chunk back if you decide to sell it and go for a full carbon airbox.

Go for it. I bought mine from evolve.
    KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Comment

Ultimate noise -> airbox

Comment

I had a Simota fitted for a while and they do give a much louder induction noise but may need a proper tune to run 100%

Comment

Yeah I've a Simota fitted also, along with ACS exhaust, and the soundtrack is bloody lovely. I'm not sure how the volume of the ACS compares to the Supersprint.

The previous owner had the Simota fitted, along with a bit of a remap as Dave has suggested is beneficial.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Simota filters appear to be the most popular answer then, but where can I get one. I tried Sanspeed and Mstyle, but neither could help. Any suggestions?

Thx
            Scram

Schrick 284 Cams
            Simota Induction Kit
            3.46 Diff
            Quick Shift Kit
            H&R ARB's
            Supersprint Exhaust

Comment

Evolve in Luton

Comment

Thanks, tried Evolve, they can't source one either. Any other suggestions?
                Scram

Schrick 284 Cams
                Simota Induction Kit
                3.46 Diff
                Quick Shift Kit
                H&R ARB's
                Supersprint Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by scram View Post
                  Thanks, tried Evolve, they can't source one either. Any other suggestions?
                  link in this thread,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17829

Comment

Thanks for the link Dave.

Visited the PPCGB site and it lists the filter and kit as suitable for the Z3M (E36) Convertible M Petrol RWD 1997-2001, which in theory should be the S50 engine the same as mine? Just to double check suitability before ordering I phoned PPCGB and asked whether it would fit my car. They weren't sure and 5 minutes later after phoning their Simota supplier called me back to say that it wouldn't fit (although they still didn't sound that sure).

I thought the 2000 year Convertible and Coupe engine bays and set up were the same?

Has anyone purchased one of these kits from PPCGB? Did it fit ok?

They offered me a K&N as an alternative at a fraction of the price, but I've not seen anyone recommending this as a good alternative to the Simota?

Thx
                    Scram

Schrick 284 Cams
                    Simota Induction Kit
                    3.46 Diff
                    Quick Shift Kit
                    H&R ARB's
                    Supersprint Exhaust

Comment

The e36 m3 simota will 100% not fit without irreversibly modifying part of the factory induction piping. I know this because I was originally sent an M3 kit by mistake.

The z3m roadster will as there is no difference in the engine bay.

The proper kit goes straight on, surprised evolve can't source one as I think they helped develop it?

The box off mine is in my garage and iirc it has the specific simota part number on it. Will dig it out tomorrow , it may help with your search
                      Last edited by UJM3; 14-09-2015, 10:01 PM.
                      KW V3, H&R arbs, H&R 12mm Spacers, Weichers Strut Brace, Ireland Engineering Bushes, Uprated rear top mounts,swapped front top mounts, EBC Yellows, Simota CAI, Supersprint Exhaust, Shadow chrome Roadstars

Comment

As said coupe and roadster S50 identical engine bay dimensions so that kit will fit, I think forum member TopgearTom bought one from them so may be worth a pm.

Comment

Isn't the correct me del number CF610-25?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

I can confirm the part number to order for an S50 Coupe is the same as mentioned above:

CF610-25

Not entirely sure why PPCGB or simota themselves think it doesnt fit.

Here is the box with the part number just about visible:

Here it is fitted. As mentioned, it is rather tight but should sit completely flush with the rear of the headlamp / cold air feed housing.

Hope that is of some help.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom and all other members for your help and clarification, I'll get on and order it.

Once fitted, I'll let you know if my already sizeable grin has broadened even more.

Thanks again.

Scram
                              Scram

Schrick 284 Cams
                              Simota Induction Kit
                              3.46 Diff
                              Quick Shift Kit
                              H&R ARB's
                              Supersprint Exhaust