PDA

View Full Version : cheap s50 on autotrader

eddslater
14-08-2006, 06:31 PM
dakar yellow, 1999, 21k in Scotland up @ £12,000. Rang the guy as it seemed to good to be true and sure enough its a Cat C repaired. Thought it would be as i remember seeing the car for sale as a wreck over a year ago up north. (guessed it would be same one as how many are there in yellow up there?!)

cheap if its been done right but surely not worth £12,000 on Cat C?

BEN
14-08-2006, 06:34 PM
i would say take 25% off, so with the mileage its about right! as long as the mileage is right!

4motion
15-08-2006, 08:40 AM
In the advert it says 2002. So [unless it was hanging around in a showroom for a loooooong time] it should be a S54

Brett
15-08-2006, 09:06 AM
What a pathetic ad - he hasn't even made the effort to fully describe the vehicle. Obviously hoping the price will do the trick. If anyone is seriously interested, I'll happily go view the vehicle and save you travelling.

Raf-1
15-08-2006, 11:59 AM
the car has northern irish plates so the 2002 - may be when it was bought over and registered again in Englandmaybe..............? although it is a MY99 car. similar to some jap import cars that are advertised as 2000 - but are 93k reg's as 2000 is when it was registered in the uk..

Brett
15-08-2006, 12:15 PM
the car has northern irish plates so the 2002 - may be when it was bought over and registered again in Englandmaybe..............? although it is a MY99 car. similar to some jap import cars that are advertised as 2000 - but are 93k reg's as 2000 is when it was registered in the uk..

Then again, there are quite a few like that running around up here - there is quite a large NI population here, as it is just across the water..... Some have even bought NI regs as private plates for their Scottish cars.

gerry
15-08-2006, 07:42 PM
What a pathetic ad - he hasn't even made the effort to fully describe the vehicle. Obviously hoping the price will do the trick. If anyone is seriously interested, I'll happily go view the vehicle and save you travelling.

Brett I would be happy to tag along. Gerry

jke11y
15-08-2006, 08:35 PM
The car was at Central Car Auctions in Glasgow approx 14months ago. I then saw it for sale at braidwood motors near edinburgh, and from memory it was up at 12995 (or maybe 11995 I cant exactly remember). It also passed me on the M8 few weeks ago and looked nice in yellow. Unless theres another Irish plated Cat C Dakar up here that I have been seeing..... :D

Might help!

Brett
15-08-2006, 10:54 PM
The car was at Central Car Auctions in Glasgow approx 14months ago. I then saw it for sale at braidwood motors near edinburgh, and from memory it was up at 12995 (or maybe 11995 I cant exactly remember). It also passed me on the M8 few weeks ago and looked nice in yellow. Unless theres another Irish plated Cat C Dakar up here that I have been seeing..... :D

Might help!

Braidwoods get some nice stuff in. They got my CLK320 Cabriolet that I traded for the Golf that I traded for the M Coupe... :D

Brett
16-08-2006, 09:16 AM

We just need to find someone seriously interested and we have a convoy 8)

gerry
16-08-2006, 03:17 PM

We just need to find someone seriously interested and we have a convoy 8)

Save petrol hire a coach :D