No announcement yet.

Anyone have experence with Race Logic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experence with Race Logic?

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/

Anyone do this install? Work with this company?

Rags on this forum has it i am sure he will show up shortly..
    Ex S54 - She has gone....

Comment

There about 3 or 4 Z3M Roadsters with it fitted on zroadster.net. From what I can gather fitting involves intercepting the injectors and abs signals.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
        There about 3 or 4 Z3M Roadsters with it fitted on zroadster.net. From what I can gather fitting involves intercepting the injectors and abs signals.
        Sure, I was just wondering how involved it was with regard to the wiring itself, splitting the main harness or tapping it near the ECU etc.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I fitted my last M Roadster with the Racelogic kit.
          Its not a particularly difficult job but you've got to be able to use a soldering iron neatly.
          Racelogic provide excellent technical support and used a ZM when developing the kit so can advise on settings, wire colours etc.
          You have to fit the main control box unit in the ecu box in the engine bay, run wires through the bulkhead, tap into the ABS loom in the passenger footwell and lastly fit the variable control unit somewhere near the driver - a good weekends work for me.
          In use its fantastic, just don't lift off on a wet roundabout -ask me how I know!
          The traction control works by interrupting the fuel injector pulse and when in operation makes the engine sound like its "missing" but if you back off the accelerator it restores power immedately and you've lost the benefit. Moral of the story is to keep your foot planted and let the T/C sort things out. It will find all available grip and get you round safely (suject to the laws of physics!).
          Suggest you do a search on ZRoadster.net as there are a number of posts including a full write up with pics. I'd say that the DSC system on my new Roadster is better but Racelogic will certainly tame the beast.

Comment

RussJ has summarised it well.

Comment

Why does the power restore when you back off? that sounds a bit strange to me!

Comment

I think what Russ means is that if there is no power on the accelerator, the injector 'cut' will stop and be restored to the output it was giving before.

Comment

Fantastic thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
                    I think what Russ means is that if there is no power on the accelerator, the injector 'cut' will stop and be restored to the output it was giving before.
                    IC this sounds strange, as you'd imagine if it's still detecting slip it would still intercept the injectors. Does it feel like power comes back on to you or is it more like a lift-off torque reaction?

Comment

I can only describe what I experienced - I guess you could call it "lift off oversteer".
                      When I was driving round a wet and slippery roundabout under power everything felt nicely balanced and the T/C was limiting power to match available grip. I lost my bottle and eased the accelerator back and the next thing I knew was that the car had spun, fortunately missing anything solid!
                      I'd imagine its a familiar experience to 911 owners...

The point I was trying to make is that the Racelogic system would have allowed me to go safely round the roundabout under power without any real input from me, provided I kept my foot down. Once I backed off the rear wheels lost traction and I spun. This wasn't a fault with the T/C just pilot error on my part.
                      Also, its worth pointing out that the amount of slip allowed can be varied to reflect conditions.
                      Hope this makes sense...
                      Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RussJ
                        I can only describe what I experienced - I guess you could call it "lift off oversteer".
                        When I was driving round a wet and slippery roundabout under power everything felt nicely balanced and the T/C was limiting power to match available grip. I lost my bottle and eased the accelerator back and the next thing I knew was that the car had spun, fortunately missing anything solid!

The point I was trying to make is that the Racelogic system would have allowed me to go safely round the roundabout under power without any real input from me, provided I kept my foot down. Once I backed off the rear wheels lost traction and I spun. This wasn't a fault with the T/C just pilot error on my part.
                        Also, its worth pointing out that the amount of slip allowed can be varied to reflect conditions.
                        Hope this makes sense...
                        Russ
                        Make perfect sense thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RussJ

Hope this makes sense...
                          Russ
                          Yea that sounds about right, it just didn't make sense for it to ADD power if you backed off, that sounded like a critical flaw in the system but I think as you say its lift off oversteer or something that unsettled the car.

Russ; you said the ABS unit was located in the passenger footwell? is that the ABS ECU in there as there are wires in the passenger side engine bay up to the ABS units; are these not the right wires from the ABS sensors? or was it just neater working inside?

Comment

The Abs have to be accessed from the passenger footwell.

Comment

As Rags said, access to the ABS wiring is via the passenger footwell. The actual unit is in the engine bay I believe. You have to identify the wire from each wheel, strip back the insulation and then solder a connection to the central core and the earth braid. Its not that difficult if you have a sharp razor but space is restricted and you'll probably get back ache afterwards!

Comment

Working...
                              X