This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coupe fan View Post
    I am most definitely no expert but that looks like it has been welded before.
    I would agree. It certainly looks as though someone has also sprayed paint over the rear seam.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

• exdos is correct, you can also see some welding marks along the side seam too... and they get painted over with red paint.

best of luck!

cheers,

richie
      M Coupe from Australia

Comment

• oh dear, that does look messy! Mine has three broken welds, that looks like it's been welded before and sprayed over.

Going to have a word with the service manager tomorrow when I collect the car.

wait out

Comment

• yeah let me know how it goes.

wrt the welding/spraying, I'm hoping it will add to my argument: i.e "look it's been re-welded and still failed - cut the floor out and fit an entire new one please. Now where are the keys to my z4mc courtesy car?"
          Imola S50 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by cragg711220 View Post
            Now where are the keys to my z4mc courtesy car?"
            /mini cooper
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

• Update:

Took the car back to BMW on saturday. Had the service guy look at it, by chance the mechanic walked past and took a look, stright away he diagnosed the failed welds ( not sure how he missed them first time round....) and put it up on a ramp. They have taken some photos and have submitted the claim to BMW, fingers crossed.

The floor doesnt seem to have cracked like some people have posted, it's the welds that have come apart....

Comment

• Update

After dropping the car off at Hexagon BMW nearly two weeks ago, BMW UK finally agreed to cover 100% of the claim last Friday. I have just picked up the courtesy car today, 1.25l fiesta with 10 miles on the clock.... it isn't a mini but at least I should be able to get a bike in the back of it

The bodyshop reception manager has been very good and estimates the car will take 4-5 weeks to put right, which includes 2 weeks to wait for a slot. Am now looking to see what sort of economy I can get out of the fezza

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Wav View Post
                  After dropping the car off at Hexagon BMW nearly two weeks ago, BMW UK finally agreed to cover 100% of the claim last Friday. I have just picked up the courtesy car today, 1.25l fiesta with 10 miles on the clock.... it isn't a mini but at least I should be able to get a bike in the back of it

The bodyshop reception manager has been very good and estimates the car will take 4-5 weeks to put right, which includes 2 weeks to wait for a slot. Am now looking to see what sort of economy I can get out of the fezza

Paul
                  great news!

Comment

Paul
                    WAV this is great news. Congratullations.

I know it's a big ask but can you scan the paperwork (obviously blocking out personal info) so that we can add the specifics to this thread?
                    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
                    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

• Originally posted by h4pry View Post
                      WAV this is great news. Congratullations.

I know it's a big ask but can you scan the paperwork (obviously blocking out personal info) so that we can add the specifics to this thread?
                      I will do once I get some, I've only got the courtesy car form so far.

Cheers,

Paul (very relieved that he doesn't need to spend the next 5 weekends welding, grinding, filling and painting!)

Comment

Paul (very relieved that he doesn't need to spend the next 5 weekends welding, grinding, filling and painting!)

You might make a better job of it than the cowboys @ Hexagon

Comment

I will do once I get some, I've only got the courtesy car form so far.

Cheers,
                          Thanks Paul.

Comment

• It would be very useful to compile a list with details of cases where BMW UK have coughed up, including:

- Mileage and age of car
                            - Full BMW service history vs indie servicing
                            - Had the car been repaired before
                            - What fix was done (new boot floor vs re-welded, etc.)

Although BMW UK seem to have been good to-date, I suspect that this won't continue indefinitely as the cars get older, and a comprehensive list of "test cases" will be a useful tool for anyone trying to get an agreement in the future.

Paul

Comment

• Yes I agree. This would without doubt help me. I'm booked in for an inspection later this month, so this info would be very usefull.

Cheers,
                              Craig
                              Imola S50 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by cragg711220 View Post
                                Yes I agree. This would without doubt help me. I'm booked in for an inspection later this month, so this info would be very usefull.

Cheers,
                                Craig

Are you still driving your car with cracked boot floor?

Comment

Working...
                                X