No announcement yet.

Anyone have experence with Race Logic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it easy to get access to this bit? (need to remove glovebox?) Do you know which particular wires you have to look for (colours?). I'm thinking of getting one but don't know anything about the wiring on these cars.

Comment

c_w.

Mike Broadbent at Racelogic is the chap who knows his stuff on the ZMC's as he has fitted quite a few systems.

The best place for the control unit is in the same box that the ECU is housed.

In terms of wires/colours - mikes the man for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
        Mike Broadbent at Racelogic is the chap who knows his stuff
        I'll second that, I haven't fitted mine yet (gimme a chance, the Z3M's only been out of warranty a week) but Mike was up front with a handy PDF of the loom wiring plus some hints where to put stuff. It's not rocket science to fit, one dry weekend ought to be enough.

I've had the privilege of being in a Z3MC with this fitted back up in Ayrshire, I was sold in 10 miles of twisty back road.

Wullie
        S50: Cosmos Black/Black-Kalyami/HK/Side Air-bags
        Mod: Denison iLink/Sunroof Switch/HIDs/Racelogic

Comment

Wullie, could you forward that PDF to my email please?

Also, what kind of connectors are supplied with the kit to link the injector loom to the racelogic wires?

Comment

PDF's in your inbox

Originally posted by c_w
            what kind of connectors are supplied with the kit to link the injector loom to the racelogic wires?
            There 8 position plastic multilok shells plus a bag of male & female crimp contacts.

There ok for living inside the sealed ECU box but I wouldn't use them anywhere they might get wet/damp. There are better cheap engine bay proof connectors available from the likes of RS or CPC.

Wullie

Comment

Adding racelogic to an M Coupe is like

shagging Seinna Miller with a condom :!:
              Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
              New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

They would both leave you feeling slightly dissapointed that you didn't get the full raw experience :mrgreen:

I'd still say yes to one of them ;)

Current - BMW M6
                Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
                Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

In the dry I'd agree, there's so much grip on the MC that it'll be off.

In the wet however I think your safer with your wellies on, you never know when you will have to deal a lesson to someone with DSC/ASC

Now do I fit the clutch switch for launch control? :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by wullie
                    Originally posted by Lee

In the wet however I think your safer with your wellies on, you never know when you will have to deal a lesson to someone with DSC/ASC

i turn the TC off everyday in the VRS and will do the same in the MC i hate TC its crap utter crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee

Lee, this is nothing like ACS or DSC as far as I can work out, it lets you dial and modify degrees of slip from 0% to whatever. So allowing say 20% would give you as much tailslides as you'd want without the sudden 100% spin off into the scenery you might get in wet/ice without it. I would say it's not a million miles away from how Formula 1 traction control systems work by progressively cutting fuel and alternating the firing injector and fuel patterns giving a light misfire.

Having looked through the manual you can attach it to a laptop using pretty detailed software and even datalog as well (also the launch control which I must admit isn't someting that interests me that much).

In the dry I find the back is quite stable and grippy but in the wet [lateral] grip under slight acceleration reduces so much more than it should IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BEN
                        Originally posted by Lee

i turn the TC off everyday in the VRS and will do the same in the MC i hate TC its crap utter crap!
                        I did with my old Z3, the standard ones are rubbish, and a FWD car doesn't need it anyway.

You're assuming it will just cut the power and slow you down; it won't, you're completely misunderstanding what this system is capable of :-P

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                          Originally posted by BEN
                          Originally posted by Lee

I did with my old Z3, the standard ones are rubbish, and a FWD car doesn't need it anyway.

You're assuming it will just cut the power and slow you down; it won't, you're completely misunderstanding what this system is capable of :-P
                          I don't think anyone is denying that it is a far superior system to the standard DSC, and quite possibly could make you drive faster and safer in the wet. What myself and a few others are saying, as that on an MC it takes you a step back from the raw driving experience and thats not what most of us want. :twisted:

Current - BMW M6

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                            I don't think anyone is denying that it is a far superior system to the standard DSC, and quite possibly could make you drive faster and safer in the wet. What myself and a few others are saying, as that on an MC it takes you a step back from the raw driving experience and thats not what most of us want. :twisted:
                            Ben said they're all "utter crap" :-P

I know what you're trying to say but the system doesn't interfere if you don't want it too so it doesn't make it less "raw" (if your definition of raw you only mean having a lack of traction control??), you could switch it off altogether, or set it up how your like or have just have it on in the wet for more stability when pressing on.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                              Originally posted by BEN
                              Originally posted by Lee

Someone posted on here last week that they have had the racelogic and now have the DSC and said he felt the DSC is better?

surely BMW have the shit together in the art of keeping fools on the road :twisted: ;)
                              Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                              New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                                Originally posted by Chris
                                Ben said they'all "utter crap" :-P

I know what you're trying to say but the system doesn't interfere if you don't want it too so it doesn't make it less "raw" (if your definition of raw you only mean lack of traction control??), you could switch it off altogether, or set it up how your like or have just have it on in the wet for more stability when pressing on.
                                Ok, ignore Ben then ;)

By raw i mean that you are in complete control of every aspect of driving, and the simple fact is that with TC you are not, regardless of how little it interferes, or appears to interfere.

I can't comment on racelogic as have never driven with it, but i already know its not for me 8-)

Current - BMW M6

Comment

Working...
                                X