No announcement yet.

Anyone with advice / Pictures Eibach Pro Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m pretty sure the original lower spring pads are 5mm. Some comparison pics on my journal page here https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showt...t=16881&page=6

Edit: Just checked realoem, originals are 7.5mm unless you have different springs. How could I have doubted you Dave
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=33_0459
    Last edited by Ian_C; 06-11-2020, 10:32 PM.
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C;189023
      Edit: Just checked realoem, originals are 7.5mm unless you have different springs. How could I have doubted you Dave :crazy:
      [url
      https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=CM92-EUR-09-1998-Z3-BMW-Z3_M&diagId=33_0459[/url]
      There’s a lesson here for all of us :-)
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
        cheers Dave, so if I were to go from 7.5 to the smallest 5 option, its not really worthwhile, lol cheers.

No ................................

Comment

as always thanks for the invaluable info.
          2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Does anyone have experience or thoughts on these "KW ST X Coilovers"

https://www.macgracing.co.uk/shop/bm...coup_0298.html

I know the fully adjustable ones are the best options, but I have a budget and would prefer a B12 kit from Bilstein, but they are not seemingly available. And OEM though the nice to have is also very expensive, and the same issue with the rear spring height.
            Last edited by Jonnysideways; 09-11-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hi Dave

I note this install picture

On the KW fitment guide, they said its the other way around.

Which is right?

cheers

John

Comment

Top I think,

Comment

Seems right from what I've read too ;0)

Comment

After researching the coil overs, I'm being told I may need to use spacers to clear the wheel, and if this is the case, I don't really want to get into that.

So back to shocks and springs.

Looking at the H&R, I see the ones listed as h&r springs 29520-1

Daft Q but are these the same as h&r springs 29520 on there own, as seem on the spring example in this thread ?

Comment

This shows my car just after it had been lowered down onto the newly fitted Eibach Proline Rear Springs and Bilstein B6 Dampers and new spring pads. (front not done yet)

Proline are the milder springs for about 15mm drop as opposed to the bigger drop with sportline.

Probably will settle a little but happy with the height.

The front is still standard but I have no doubt is a little sagged and lower than normal.

Untitled by urquattro gus, on Flickr
                      Last edited by urquattrogus; 18-11-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I think that looks terrifc.

If you get a mo, would you mind measuring ground to the arch please?
                        I run b6's and standard springs atm and am looking for a subtle drop just like that.

Cheers,

David.
                        S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

cheers for that, the pictures I've seen with the h&r 30MM drop seem similar to that you have posted.

I was looking at the Eibach, as they tend to compliment the Bilsien range, as seen in the B12 kits which I've used on an E46 M3.

Comment

Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post

The front is still standard but I have no doubt is a little sagged and lower than normal.
                            on Flickr
                            Do you think once you drop the front the rear will come up a bit though?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
                              Do you think once you drop the front the rear will come up a bit though?
                              I'm not sure it will be much different from the pictures to be honest.

I reckon front will be similar to the current 20 year old 89k mile suspension, I'm sure it is currently sat lower than when new.

BTW I also have rogue top mounts at the rear, not that it should make any difference.

Will try to measure the arch at some point.

Comment

Looking at the difference visually between urquattrogus and Ian_C Ian_C car pictures on this thread there is, not a real obvious difference, so measurements would be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X