Aceman's engine covers exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceman's engine covers exchange

Having purchased Aceman's M badge refurb kit and seat bushes, both of which were well received, I recently decided to take him up on his cam cover and airbox exchange service.

For a very reasonable fee and a deposit that is refunded upon receipt of your old cam cover or airbox (or both), Aceman will send you newly painted ones, boxed and ready for fitment.

I can recommend them for quality, value and all round great service from Ian (Aceman). They have really transformed my engine bay which was very dirty when I bought the car earlier this year as you can see from the before and after pics. A huge difference.

All in all, well worth the time and money. I also changed the 16 rubber O rings and rocker cover gasket (£70 from BMW) at the same time.

Thanks Aceman!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 4xhausts; 18-06-2018, 03:38 PM.

That looks hell of a lot better,the car I'm in the process of buying the black crackled paint is peeling off,if you don't mind me asking how much was it and what was the turn around time

Comment

Agreed. I got his first set and really made a difference to the engine bay

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Thanks Nick and Martin for the endorsements glad you are pleased with the service.

Nick you ought to post a pic of when you power washed the engine bay!
        Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
        ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Thanks Aceman, I was trying to avoid the embarrassment of posting that but if you insist.....

I took the car for a 'steam clean', having spoke to the company over the phone and verified it was indeed a steam cleaner as I had read the usual horror stories about jet washing. Anyway, he gets the car up on the ramp to do the engine and underside and before i can object, blasts the car with what is unmistakably a jet washer, and a bloody powerful one at that. He then reassured me as it was a BMW and not 'French rubbish', it would be fine.......

A few minutes later and despite me feeling rather sick at the thought of every dash light being on if the car started, he was proved correct.......the engine was sparkly clean, car started first time with no issues at all.....but all the paint off the cam cover and airbox had been blasted off.....hence Aceman's covers were a must have purchase.

Engine bay is now transformed, just needs some touch up paint for a few other minor corrosion spots and a new power steering pipe that arrived earlier.
          Last edited by 4xhausts; 18-06-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Sorry Nick, I didn’t realise it was an embarrassing event but merely thought it good to show how the cam covers paint can get so flaky and such a transformation now to the new ones.
            Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

No worries Ian, I was only embarrassed at how my 'steam clean' enquiry skills evidently aren't up to much.....The paint was so flaky it never stood a chance, you could peel it off with your fingers. Hope you get some more enquiries in due course and my old covers find a new home after their paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rup View Post
                That looks hell of a lot better,the car I'm in the process of buying the black crackled paint is peeling off,if you don't mind me asking how much was it and what was the turn around time

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Rup View Post
                  Hi Rup,
                  Welcome from me too sorry I missed your post earlier for some reason. If you click on the link below it gives you all the details and pricing.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=Cam+cover

Apologies for the pictures gone missing thanks to photbucket which I will get around to fixing soon but the above pictures give you a good idea of what to expect.
                  Last edited by Aceman; 10-10-2017, 05:04 PM.
                  Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Comment

I have also had an engine cover from ace man and I can say he comes highly recommended.

You can see mine below.

This coupled with my royal steering wheel, are my favourite enhancements!

Rags

Comment

Working...
                    X