Leaky Rear Wash-Wipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky Rear Wash-Wipe

I know that this has been asked before, but as the older topics have gone ...

I spotted that during spirited acceleration washer fluid leaked from the rear washer nozzle.
    I have spoken to BMW this a.m. and they have not got a clue about a fix for this...
    But .. I think that a couple of people on the Welsh Weekender mentioned part numbers for a non-return valve and a work instruction sheet so that a dealer (or enthusiast!) could fix this issue.
    (I think it may have been THE ANIMAL and j1muv that I spoke to one this)

Could someone fill in the blanks!

Cheers :)
    The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
    RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Hi,

I dont own a Coupe yet but have been to see a few. I have been told that you can fit an additional valve that will cure the leakage but thats all i know.

I'll keep and eye on this post as when i find the right one i think i will have to do the same mod. Black cars show water stains like a white shirt and spagetti sauce.

Good luck

Dave
    EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
    Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

It's a common fault but none of the dealers ever know about the fix. If I recall correctly they need to fit a non-return valve.

There is a BMW Technical Service Bulletin that refers to this, giving part numbers etc. but I haven't kept a copy and my original post on here has been lost in cyberspace with all the historic stuff.

Hope this helps
      PhilT.

2002 S54
      Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

I was sent a copy of the work instructions a while back. I think the part costs just a few quid (non return valve), it's getting the trim off to get at it which is a pain!

Will see if I can find it, but I think it was Col? who supplied it..
        Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

I got mine done last month under warranty.

The part no that was quoted on here was no good to them though as it didn tfit.

They came up with their own fix and its been fine.
          S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

This is a problem which BMW acknowlkedges and will do FOC if a customer asks for it! Why don't they do this on a blanket basis if BMW knows it's a design fault :?: :?: :?:
            /// Exdos ///
            "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Both dealers Ive spoken to deny any knowledge of it.

They both say its not on any car recalls or noted problems.

I gave up with the first dealer and had to take a technician out to show him.
              1 minute later he was like - 'oh yeah, that's no good, we'll have to fix that'

I tihkn if you include the grief you have to suffer to get a dealer to fix anything, the warranty is a con.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_Driving
                Both dealers Ive spoken to deny any knowledge of it.

They both say its not on any car recalls or noted problems.

I gave up with the first dealer and had to take a technician out to show him.
                1 minute later he was like - 'oh yeah, that's no good, we'll have to fix that'

I tihkn if you include the grief you have to suffer to get a dealer to fix anything, the warranty is a con.
                well if you will keep on using those muppets in ipswich!

Comment

Alright, alright don't get smart.

I can't really be doing with driving to Bury just to get the car looked at, can I?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_Driving
                    Alright, alright don't get smart.

I can't really be doing with driving to Bury just to get the car looked at, can I?
                    go to colchester then!

you might see a PY one there, ill be getting my monies worth out of that warranty!

Comment

And then I'll be laughing at your grief with them matey....

Oh how the tables will turn

Comment

Here you go:

Service Information December 2000
                        General Electrical Systems 61 15 00 Service Engineering

SUBJECT
                        Washer Fluid Bleeds out of Rear Washer Nozzle

MODEL
                        Z3 coupe

SITUATION
                        Some Z3 coupe owners may complain of the washer fluid leaking out of the rear window arm and running onto the paintwork. Another possible complaint is that it takes too long to get washer fluid pumped up to the nozzle when using the rear window washer.

CAUSE
                        There is a low pressure area created in the rear of the car as it is driven, which can draw the washer fluid out of the rear washer supply line.

CORRECTION
                        IN CASE OF CUSTOMER COMPLAINT, a check valve, part number 61 68 8 391 402, can be installed in the supply line of the motor to hold the fluid in the line.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
                        Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
                        Col N.
                        Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                        ex Audi S4 Avant
                        ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                        ex Porsche 968

Comment

Nice one Col, I knew someone would have kept the info.
                          PhilT.

2002 S54
                          Titanium Silver/Laguna Seca Blue

Comment

Just so you know - thats the post I printed and gave to the dealer, and thats the part they ordered.

they still maintain it's wrong and they had to do a manual fix.

Comment

Well thats what I gave to my dealer and it was fixed under extended warranty.
                              Col N.
                              Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
                              ex Audi S4 Avant
                              ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
                              ex Porsche 968

Comment

Working...
                              X