Those with Racelogic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those with Racelogic

Just interested to know how you get on with the different settings (especially those who go on track)

Which adjuster/controller are you using (i think there is a digital and analog type but im not sure) and what setting do you use for which differing occasion (i.e. type of road, type of driving, weather)

One of the reasons I was originally interested in buying the car I have, is because it already had the racelogic kit fitted (I wanted an S54 for the DSC, and a few other reasons, but the traction part was the main one!)

When I ran without it for a while (ABS sensors fault) it did feel kind of good to have no interruptions to the power, but when the sensors were fixed and it was working again, was so glad to have it back. Felt like a completely different car again, gives alot more confidence and doesnt require so much thought (or worry ) when coming out of a corner/roundabout, especially in wet/damp conditions!!!

Just to note, mine is fitted with this type of adjuster:

Most of the time I just leave it set to wet. Have used it on the other settings a few times, but I dont really drive it enough to try them all out properly. Public roads arent really the best of places to give it a full on test to see how well it can do, so I think ill pass till I get the right opportunity

If I do change between the settings, its usually just between wet/dry.

Does anyone else actually change the settings? or just leave it on one, and thats that?

Click here to email me

take it, it has launch control indy?

you dont need traction control fun sliding towards walls lol

Comment

Racelogic

You might ask www.zroadster.net --MRoadster/MCoupe section.I remember a few roadsters had it fitted, so chance of more info.
      safetyfast

Comment

I wouldn't run it on "WET" setting as it allows for NO wheelslip. Under driving some wheelslip occurs without you realising (or feeling) but it's not being allowed to so this is probably why you're feeling it cutting in slightly out of corners etc.

I would use the DRY setting "at most" as this allows for 5% slip which is actually necessary for best performance and you won't feel it working unless you're consciously trying to slide it or wheelspin.

I generally have mine on 10-15% but I never feel it cutting in as it's never really provoked, but as said in dry you rarely notice it cut in.

Comment

Originally posted by wrighty988 View Post
          take it, it has launch control indy?

you dont need traction control fun sliding towards walls lol
          yeah it does have launch, although ive never tried it, would like to one day though!!! if ive ever put all the power down in one go, its while the car is rolling (30mph+) i dont see the point in launching it, as it doesnt really achieve anything other than serial wear on the clutch, as i believe you have experienced

Originally posted by ZZZEMMCO View Post
          You might ask www.zroadster.net --MRoadster/MCoupe section.I remember a few roadsters had it fitted, so chance of more info.
          cheers

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          I wouldn't run it on "WET" setting as it allows for NO wheelslip. Under driving some wheelslip occurs without you realising (or feeling) but it's not being allowed to so this is probably why you're feeling it cutting in slightly out of corners etc.

I would use the DRY setting "at most" as this allows for 5% slip which is actually necessary for best performance and you won't feel it working unless you're consciously trying to slide it or wheelspin.

I generally have mine on 10-15% but I never feel it cutting in as it's never really provoked, but as said in dry you rarely notice it cut in.
          hmm interesting, ill have to just run it on dry and see what it feels like, id imagine no different!

even when its on wet, i have felt it slip (over road cracks, or uneven grounds) my driving style isnt really one where i pull off hard from a standstill, and thats where i imagine most slip occurs (or on hard acceleration through cornering) none of which the car goes through on a normal day running it about.

i drop down a setting if i feel the roads are nice enough to give it more power than usual but that rarely ever happens, our local roads are total shite

will run it on dry from now on as i do understand what youre saying and it does make sense. cant imagine it making any difference to the feel of driving it, as its only once in a while where the car gets driven with some poke so it'll probably feel the same as running it on wet!

Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
          X