Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paintshop recommendations - Dorset and surrounding areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintshop recommendations - Dorset and surrounding areas?

The time has come to shell out some cash on the cars bodywork and I’m looking for some recommendations in my area. Anyone had any positive experiences of body shops in Dorset or surrounding areas?

What should I expect to shell out for a glass out respray?

I had a look at Blackline Classics and through phone convos and photos they quoted £9200+VAT. Luckily I was sat down at the time. Personally I think that’s taking the piss money.

Cheers all

It would have to be better than factory at that price. All the panels bolt on and off so its not like there is major bodywork to do if a panel needs replacing.

Comment

I don’t think they wanted the job!!!
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Yeah, that did cross my mind, they may have been trying to put me off.

The only thing that made it seem genuine is they even went to the trouble of pricing up parts they think would’ve needed replacing.

I was thinking that £3k/£3.5k but am I out of touch?

Comment

Old post with some prices mentioned,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17913

Comment

Originally posted by Big02 View Post
            Yeah, that did cross my mind, they may have been trying to put me off.

The only thing that made it seem genuine is they even went to the trouble of pricing up parts they think would’ve needed replacing.

I was thinking that £3k/£3.5k but am I out of touch?
            I've just had mine done for around the 3k mark and that included the shop buying lh/rh sill covers and one rear arch from bmw. I stripped the car and will be putting it back together so got it a little cheaper than normal.
            Previous: Silver s50 Mc
            Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
            -------------------------------------------
            Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Originally posted by Adz S View Post
              I've just had mine done for around the 3k mark and that included the shop buying lh/rh sill covers and one rear arch from bmw. I stripped the car and will be putting it back together so got it a little cheaper than normal.
              Sounds like a decent price, was that glass out too?

Had another quote, this time for £8k from Honiton Bodyshop

The search goes on . . . .

Comment

It's a shame that it's likely as the value of the car increases it means the paint work somehow goes up too.

Comment

Ain’t that the truth. It’s almost a case of assessing the cars value and quoting on the ‘what can I get away with’ basis.

I also get the feeling that decent body shops are busy hence commanding higher prices.

Comment

Working...
                  X