• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can check the working condition of the TPS before replacing,

some details here,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2671

Comment

Hi Dave

I have nt got round to doing anything yet, the weather is rubbish and the car is stored, am waiting for a bit of time and good weather to get this sorted. I have seen a video showing the resistance should be 4.5 omhs and I havnt tested yet.

I will let you know what happens :) I think it will be TPS, I hope :)

Comment

When mine “failed” i had rough running on part throttle/cruise which i put down to it spending most time in that position and therefore the tracks worn perhaps. This might be difficult to test for as it might for the most part show ok readings

Comment

Thanks for info

Yeah, I know there are error codes on the engine that my indie couldnt get into, so he cleared them. They came back straight away. I m guessing about the throttle position sensor, but did read a thread on here where this solved a similar issue to mine.

I might just get the codes read, this might be the best place to start. Does the S50 motor have cam position sensors or is this all controlled by the Vanos?

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Yes has 2 cam sensors, one is visible on the inlet cam near the throttle switch, the other is down the left side near the exhaust manifold. The exhaust cam is no too bad t o change, but the inlet I think needs the fuel rail removing. MO quite reliable if genuine parts.

Comment

Originally posted by the badger View Post
              I have nt got round to doing anything yet, the weather is rubbish and the car is stored, am waiting for a bit of time and good weather to get this sorted. I have seen a video showing the resistance should be 4.5 omhs and I havnt tested yet.

I will let you know what happens :) I think it will be TPS, I hope :)
              Definitely worth checking this, mine had a poor idle and one of the solenoids needed re-soldering - One of the nice easy fixes

Comment

Working...
              X