Wanted: S50B32 VANOS Exhaust Advance Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: S50B32 VANOS Exhaust Advance Solenoid

As above, anyone got an old VANOS unit lying around..?

Many thanks,

Max

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
    As above, anyone got an old VANOS unit lying around..?

Many thanks,

Max
    İ have one spare with all gears, solenoids, new bolts etc. Let me know if interested ;)
    I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
    sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Hi Cemalakcal,

Would you be willing to just sell the exhaust solenoids or do you only want to get sell it as a complete unit.

If you're happy to just sell the solenoids please PM me a price and when you'd be able to post them as I need them ASAP.

Many thanks )

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
        Hi Cemalakcal,

Would you be willing to just sell the exhaust solenoids or do you only want to get sell it as a complete unit.

If you're happy to just sell the solenoids please PM me a price and when you'd be able to post them as I need them ASAP.

Many thanks )
        İm selling the whole unit ;)
        I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
        sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Hi Cemalakcal,

Thanks but I've been offered just the solenoids I need by a local breakers yard now, and I imagine that'll cost a lot less than you'd want for the entire unit.

Cheers.

Comment

Well the breakers failed me and sent the wrong one, so if anyone has the solenoids please let me know.

Cheers.

Comment

Are you sure the coils within the solenoids have failed?

Often the soldered points on the PCB fail - try re soldering them. Each coil should have a resistance of 3 ohms or so. Certainly worth checking

Comment

Hiya OYM - yup, that's exactly what I believe the problem to be, I'd just like to have a spare one there so I can just swap the solenoids, then I can have the other one repaired at my leisure!

Comment

I assume it's these soldered joints? should the resistance on these be 3ohm?

Comment

worth a read,

http://zroadster.org/wiki/bmw-z3/mai...e-maintenance/

Comment

That's just awesome Dave - thank you.

I was gonna wait 'til I could get a backup pair of solenoids, but from the look of it I could do it in my luncbreak at work!

That's made my day - cheers guys :-)

Comment

Hi everyone, I can't thank you enough for your help!

Well in an audacious move I drove to work today, took everything apart in the car park, removed the solenoids, had the soldering done and everything is sorted. Thank god!!

That has made my weekend :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X