Deleted comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted comments

So once again, a link to a car for sale, some very useful points made about things to look out for on the car have been removed & the thread closed.

Now, as someone who runs a car forum (another brand), I just cannot understand this policy.

Surely this forum is here to help members? And pointing out possible issues with cars for sale helps prevent someone buying a heap of trouble - whereas the comments get deleted, someone goes in and unknowingly buys the car - shows up on here & finds out very quickly they have bought issues which we knew about but didn't advise them of as a potential buyer....

I know we've been here before, but this policy really makes no sense to me - and to my eyes, undermines the whole idea of an forum to support the owners.

Sorry for the rant.
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Anything that helps a sale or benefits a potential buyer should be kept in the thread but thats just my opinion.

Also, if you do delete a post or comment, let us know why?

Comment

The reason for deleted negative comments taken from for sale threads is very clear and as from today I will no longer post up for sale threads due to the constant ill informed comments .

for those who missed this post,

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21223

Comment

Regardless of how you feel about the rule, it's a forum rule and is present for good reason
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I would dispute there are “constant ill informed comments”. I have only seen very helpful advice for a potential buyer which has effectively been banned.

If there are ill informed comments it’s up to the more informed members to state the facts - then we have a “discussion” surely what a forum is all about?

You’re right Tony, I feel the rule is not in the best interests of the community but actually serves to help potentially unscrupulous sellers but it’s clear that there is no desire to change this so I will pipe down.
          Last edited by 137699; 21-11-2020, 10:17 AM.
          ----------------
          David
          1999 M Coupe (S50)
          >>Read my journal here<<
          2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
          2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
            I feel the rule is not in the best interests of the community but actually serves to help potentially unscrupulous sellers but it’s clear that there is no desire to change this so I will pipe down.
            That isn't why the rule is in place David. We got to a point where forum members and genuinely honest sellers would ask for links to their cars for sale to be removed due to frequently posted speculative and unhelpful comments. Please respect the terms of use of the forum, thanks.
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I’m with Dave P on this. We have plenty of other things to talk about on here without interfering with someone’s private sale........ like why haven’t I driven my MC for a month? Crazy. Will address that tomorrow. Keep the faith

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZ View Post
                I’m with Dave P on this. We have plenty of other things to talk about on here without interfering with someone’s private sale........ like why haven’t I driven my MC for a month? Crazy. Will address that tomorrow. Keep the faith

Thanks

Comment

We have discussed this issue before and the forum rules will remain unchanged and any negative unhelpful posts from forum members with no interest in buying the car they comment on will be removed , sorry if some members don't agree with this but it is in place for many good reasons as I have said on numerous occasions if someone looking to buy a certain M Coupe and requires help then please post up a thread asking for information.

For many years "new listings" have been posted on the forum to try and keep a record of cars that have been on the market this has helped numerous members and its a shame when due to the actions of a minority that this may have to end. Its obvious that private members rarely post up their cars for sale due to the unhelpful comments that normally follow but one day hopefully this may change if we stamp out such remarks.

I am tired of having to remove posts and it is really taking any enjoyment I have out of coming on the forum and who knows how the people feel who's cars are being commented on so please stop and lets get back to posting useful information on our very special unique cars.

Comment

Working...
                  X