Steering wheel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Dave,

Found the vendor here for any others intrested :) http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...kw=z3&_sacat=0

Comment

• How much?!?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I've got a new BMW steering wheel and wondered about swapping this with the original one in the M Coupe: is it an expensive job, in view of the airbag?
              S54 M Coupe
              D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Howiez View Post
                I've got a new BMW steering wheel and wondered about swapping this with the original one in the M Coupe: is it an expensive job, in view of the airbag?
                Do you mean you have an MCoupe steering wheel that is a 'like for like' replacement?

If so, it is a relatively easy process but as described previously in the thread, take care and ensure the battery is disconnected.

Removal is straightforward and replacement is a reverse of removal.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            That looks pretty dangerous!!! They've trimmed over the airbag!?!

Ok, well I've had my wheel (standard "M3 Evo") retrimmed by a guy at work.

I will get some better pictures up soon, it's on the car now, yellow stitching really going with the Dakar car :) I've had two wraps of leather on the wheel to pad it out a bit, it's all hand made, cross stitched.

I had the same guy retrim my old e36 M3's wheel, it's something you have to interface with every time you get in the car, so it's something I've always liked to have done.

If anyone else would be interested in a retrim by this guy, I bought a spare wheel from eBay to have mine trimmed and I still have it now. I will put something up in the For Sale section shortly :)

Just to note though, he does not do the tri-colour stitching. With the cross stitching that he does, it wouldn't look right, BMW do three runs of stitching, this is just the one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• This company have some nice retrimmed steering wheels (thanks to 4xhausts for the link)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Lenkra...19.m1438.l2649

Comment

• Thanks for posting the pic Dave, I'm tempted by the flat one or the one with the double moulding just a bit concerned a new wheel will look a bit odd in a 20 year old interior but 7 months into ownership the standard wheel does feel too large.

I'm going to ask for the dimensions of the various wheels and will post them here.

Comment

Working...
                                X