No announcement yet.

My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not altogether as charging the battery tonight will get in around the block at the weekend so it can settle.
    Last edited by Jonnysideways; 26-11-2020, 04:06 PM.
    2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• There here!

Thanks, AutoDoc...

Saturdays job if it's not raining.
      Last edited by Jonnysideways; 26-11-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Great work John , also good to see some trim parts are still available from BMW as I think many parts are now becoming NLA.

Comment

• I know Dave, when the trim snapped I was like oh crap... But thankfully they had it.

I got some top mounts for the front, and I just couldn't justify going for OEM at shocking price, as nearly twice the price of none OEM

These look a good quality and will be an improvement on the ones under there now.

Comment

• Long waits

Ordered my Front Strut Bilstein B6 Struts, due to drop January, so at least that job can be put off. Covid causing issues with supplies from Germany.

Comment

• Drizzle Day

Though it was raining today, it eased off, and after having my mood lifted after my E46 flew through its mot, I thought may as well have a look at fitting the rear springs.

Removing the ARB mount bolt made it an easy job, as the springs literally popped out.

Springs look a similar size.

The arms were cleaned of and tidying up under the arches and rest of subframe was addressed whilst car was up in the air.

Rubbers cleaned up.

Arms looking a bit more presentable.

New spring ready to go home.

Installed and arch cleaned up.
              Last edited by Jonnysideways; 28-11-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• In and settled.

New measurements are as follows

Rear:
                Floor to edge of arch lip (after a quick drive) 64.4CM
                Top of alloy to edge of arch lip 11 CM

So far front is 64.2CM/10.9CM to the same measurements.

Comment

• Looks much better than stock

Comment

• Cheers, I think they look better when the gap is tighter around the wheel.

Comment

• Stop.... Wiper time.

Thank you black Friday, overpriced spoiler wipers 45% off, so treated the old girl and the M3.

Last edited by Jonnysideways; 14-12-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• One week in and the rear of the car has settled about 1mm more into the standard 7.5mm spring pads. The gap between the wheel rim and highest point of the rear wheel arch is 10.9 cm and the car sits at 63.9 cm so going in the right direction.

Comment

• Worht a try

Though happy with the new lower height I was curious to see what a difference the 5mm 33531136385 spring pads would make.

So I got some and fitted them last night even though it was -1 degrees

There is quite a noticeable difference.

Though I would say the 7.5mm ones are softer.

After fitment, and a quick drive the car is actually sitting 2mm higher than with the 7.5mm ones, so it will be interesting to see if the car settles back to as it was with the 7.5mm pad or if in fact as the pad is now stiffer it doesn't seat as low.
                          Last edited by Jonnysideways; 08-12-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• The car did not settle any longer on the 5mm spring pads, after 1 week of sitting and 50 miles of hard-driving, so popped the 7.5mm ones back on, and after a day, back to 10.9 cm wheel rim to the rear arch and the car sits at 63.9 cm. At least I know now...

Comment

• Final job of the year???
                              Wash and dry

and covered up.

Comment

• So after a few months, and possibly only dispalying in Firefox for some reason, I thought I'd thow some more project pictures up. I've been sidetracked somewhat by delivery issues from ordering parts from Germany, and I have been getting some 1970's classic motorcycles back on the road, whoich can be completed from the comfort of my small garage. Coupled with the fact that the M3 has needed some love too.

Anyway, after a year of ownership, I thought it would cost nothing to pull the car to pieces again and see how the sills were holding out on the british roads...

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Jonnysideways; 14-03-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X