Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used car warranties?

hi
    what the overall opinion on second hand car warranties, are they worth it? or a load of insurance b---- i see quinton wilson has got on board with warranty wise, any opinions

I've asked this before, general consensus is not to bother, vanos won't be covered, better saving a bit each month for an emergency fund..
    BMW /// M3 Coupe 08, Silverstone II
    ex BMW /// M Coupe 00, Estoril, exdos exhausts , KWV3..

Comment

many companies wont give cover for cars over 10 years old. has anyone got a warranty other than BMW'S own ?

Comment

As previous poster says, dont bother

In my opinion most car warranties arent worth it, they only ever cover parts that are much less likely to fail. I've just had a fight with Volvo over whether a part should be covered under the warranty or not.

I put away a bit every month as a maintenance fund, no matter on their usage these are expensive cars to run and expensive when they need fixing.

For the MC, unless you can find a warranty that covers the usual + Vanos, Subframe (and all associated parts) and shell bearings at a reasonable price then I wouldnt bother.

Comment

you are all prob right so might not bother renewing my bmw auc next year, as its a lot for the mileage i cover

Comment

mine is under BMW warranty until Jan 2011 but I wont bother to renew when it runs out.

Comment

I wouldn't waste your time, RAC Warranty is useless. Complete waste of time and money.
              - Dakar Yellow S50

Comment

Working...
              X