No announcement yet.

Who still has their cars from this day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who still has their cars from this day?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJs-6nB6Wg/

Probably never happen again. 65 ish M Coops in one place.

Cant be many

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      Cant be many
      I hope a good chunk. That was an amazing day out. Took a lot of planning and all that helped made it special. Is coupefan still here?

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
        I hope a good chunk. That was an amazing day out. Took a lot of planning and all that helped made it special. Is coupefan still here?

I had no internet back when this took place otherwise would have attended, yes David is still around

Comment

I had no internet back when this took place otherwise would have attended, yes David is still around
          Omg I thought you were there. I'm still in touch with a few people that came along. I do miss the community here. Good times.

Comment

Well Broccers, your car is still here, even if you're not the owner anymore!
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<
            2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
            2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

What was the event?
              Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
              ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
              Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                What was the event?

Donington 2005 I believe , World record? for M Coupes at one time

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                  Well Broccers, your car is still here, even if you're not the owner anymore!
                  Glad you're lookin after it!

I'm in a boxster at the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
                    What was the event?

Donington 2005 I believe , World record? for M Coupes at one time
                    I was there with my first Z3MC, a brilliant day out and yes it was world record for a group meeting of these iconic cars. Even the USA hadn't managed such a large group meeting up till then, though they may have done by now.
                    I met up with Phil T and three other owners at I think was the Woodall Services, after topping up with fuel we set off in convoy to Donnington. It is one of my abiding memories of the day, seeing driver's astonished looks as not one, but two etc Z3 M Coupes overtaking them line astern. Most people hadn't a clue what sort car they were.
                    I counted 47 coupes in one section of Donnington Services carpark which was a real sight to behold.

It was originally devised as way of supporting Rod Barrett & Hawthorns Motorsport and the Big Fish Racing team who each had a Z3 MC entered in the opening round the British GT Series on the 3rd April 2005.
                    We got to see the cars in the pits and have a chat with the drivers & mechanics. Tony you would have been in your element.

I have photos of the day including a panoramic view of the lines of Coupes, all 60 odd of them, that someone stitched together. I don't think it will ever be repeated unfortunately.
                    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                    1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                      Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
                      What was the event?

I was there with my first Z3MC, a brilliant day out and yes it was world record for a group meeting of these iconic cars. Even the USA hadn't managed such a large group meeting up till then, though they may have done by now.
                      I met up with Phil T and three other owners at I think was the Woodall Services, after topping up with fuel we set off in convoy to Donnington. It is one of my abiding memories of the day, seeing driver's astonished looks as not one, but two etc Z3 M Coupes overtaking them line astern. Most people hadn't a clue what sort car they were.
                      I counted 47 coupes in one section of Donnington Services carpark which was a real sight to behold.

It was originally devised as way of supporting Rod Barrett & Hawthorns Motorsport and the Big Fish Racing team who each had a Z3 MC entered in the opening round the British GT Series on the 3rd April 2005.
                      We got to see the cars in the pits and have a chat with the drivers & mechanics. Tony you would have been in your element.

I have photos of the day including a panoramic view of the lines of Coupes, all 60 odd of them, that someone stitched together. I don't think it will ever be repeated unfortunately.
                      Amazing memories. I led a convoy of all of us to Donington and had no clue which entrance to go in. Luckily I guessed right.

Comment

Still have mine from the meet. I travelled up the day before and stayed over in the East Midlands services along with a few others. Several of us met there beforehand and drove in convoy to Donington. We were going to have a parade lap in the lunch break as I recall but due to the programme running over this was delayed until after the racing had finished which meant a lot had left before it happened. Great day.
                        Jim.

2000 S50 Estoril
                        KW V3, Eisenmanns, Simota, G-Power, Wiechers Strut Brace, Whalen SM, HIDs, Angel Eyes.

Comment

shame the thread I presume was lost years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
                            Still have mine from the meet. I travelled up the day before and stayed over in the East Midlands services along with a few others. Several of us met there beforehand and drove in convoy to Donington. We were going to have a parade lap in the lunch break as I recall but due to the programme running over this was delayed until after the racing had finished which meant a lot had left before it happened. Great day.

We have a winner 1 out of 65 so far

Comment

A few pictures from the day.

Five coupes for Donnington - Woodall Services

Donnington Services carpark

Panoramic view of Coupes!!

Hope the links work as just started using imgur for first time.

** Update ** I'll have another go as the links gave direct link to my imgur page instead of just the picture. I'll have another go later in the week.
                              Last edited by petecossie; 31-12-2020, 08:35 PM.
                              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                              1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
                              X