No announcement yet.

M Coupe parts not listed on realoem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Coupe parts not listed on realoem....

I have found a few parts not listed on BMW parts guide or realoem so thought I would list them as I find them, not really of much interest to most owners

but may become of more use when these cars are older and people may be doing full nut and bolt era correct restorations.

RHD S50 expansion tank for radiator has a small black metal bracket that attaches to the side - not listed

Last edited by Dave P; 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

RHD S50 triangular idle control valve is attached via a rubber clamp to a black metal bracket which in turn is bolted to the engine block - not listed

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
        RHD S50 triangular idle control valve is attached via a rubber clamp to a black metal bracket which in turn is bolted to the engine block - not listed
        found a picture of this bracket, holds idle control valve and connectors for knock sensors doesn't appear on parts listing and may only be fitted to s50b32

Comment

Another picture of the engine block bracket, it appears to an electrical part but cant see it listed on realoem
          pictures shows it from an E36 M3 S50B32 which has a different engine loom I think?

Comment

S50 petrol tank earth strap - cant find a picture of this but looks like a strip of thin metal rather than a braided cable, it may come with the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              S50 petrol tank earth strap - cant find a picture of this but looks like a strip of thin metal rather than a braided cable, it may come with the tank.
              mystery solved - its the ground for the petrol tank metal filler section,

Comment

Comment

04<99 OBD socket blank, part number doesn't exist according to BMW

Comment

Another picture of the engine loom showing bracket attached,

Comment

It appears the brackets fitted to the engine block and the RHD expansion tank DONT come with engine wiring loom

Comment

I asked my dealer to try and get the part number for the RHD expansion tank bracket but after emails to BMW tech in the UK they couldn't provide any further details. They apparently looked on the old microfiche records but part doesn't appear.

Last edited by Dave P; 01-06-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Noticed that there is a bracket attached to the front throttle body that holds the throttle valve switch but doesn't appear to be listed in realoem so may be part of the tb itself

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=13_0579

Comment

Appears to be a small bracket fitted to the side of expansion tank on this LHD M Coupe but looks different to the RHD version,

Comment

Also some sort of bracket on the bulkhead holding the cat wiring connectors and bracket holding diagnostic socket onto fuse box on the above picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X