No announcement yet.

RaceLogic Traction control or similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaceLogic Traction control or similar?

Hi

Thinking of getting a Z3MC and want a car with TC after a few incidents with non TC cars!

Obviously the S54 cars have DSC but ive noticed a few S50 cars for sale with RaceLogic TC.

1. Is it any good

2. How much does it cost to fit

3. Can you still get it?

Any other buying pointers would be great!

Matt

Welcome to the Forum Matt. If I did not have an S54, I would get Racelogic because it's got a 'volume' control on it. Here's a link to another thread, but if you do an overall site search for 'racelogic', there's a good hours worth of reading on the subject

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=racelogic
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Cheers,

Ive an e28 M5 at the moment which i love but am ready to move on from and have always wanted a z3MC so sometime this year ill be on the lookout.

Ideally i fancy an s54 but it would be nice if the right s50 came along to know i could stick TC on it.

Matt

Comment

Racelogic is worth having if you can, it just gives you a little bit of backup on slippery roads but it is still primarily a driving aid in the "race" sense - it's not a form of ESP like a modern car that uses brakes etc. It only meters power delivery. You can buy it from www.racelogic.co.uk directly, often through groupbuys though which gets a discount. As Coupefan said, it's adjustable by means of altering the "slip" level, basically how much the wheels can spin, from none, to a little, to a lot to "off".

Fitting is fairly simple once the wires are located (ABS and Injector wires) but takes a bit of time if you're after a neat installation. It took me best part of a weekend to do.

There's a thread I made here: http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=racelogic which has some photos missing which I might update (text and photos) when I get a chance.
        Last edited by c_w; 23-02-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I looked into this a couple of years ago for my first (S50) Z3m.

It is still available and they will offer discounted prices as its effectively old stock now. From memory the digital "option" was a no cost option now.

My research confirmed that it was a well respected system.
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Cgeers guys

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
              I looked into this a couple of years ago for my first (S50) Z3m.

It is still available and they will offer discounted prices as its effectively old stock now. From memory the digital "option" was a no cost option now.
              Why would it be discontinued as it's their main/only traction control system AFAIK!?

Comment

All still available and the full throttle shift feature sounds very interesting.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php...action-control

Comment

Working...
                X