Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop shaft centre mount

Hi there,

Does anyone know the approximate price of a genuine centre mount (26122227278) 1999 S50. OEM versions seem very reasonably priced (if you can get one) at £20-£40ish.
    I plan on doing a little work on the car whilst we are all stuck at home, If I can get the parts of course.
    I completed the Vanos rebuild over the Winter, that was fun. Might do a write up on that to help anyone thinking of having a go.
    Also found my elusive oil leak, but that is a long & frustrating story.

Keep healthy,
    Howard.

I recently bought a genuine one from Schmiedmann £130 ish

Comment

Looks like the price has gone up,

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...6-12-2-227-278

A company called C3BMW ? I think used to sell a oem spec bearing but haven't seen them advertised for a good while

Comment

Had a look at the centre mount and there doesn't appear to be any makers mark on the carrier only on the internal bearing itself which is made by NTN Canada

Comment

Thanks for that Dave.

The 'no name' offerings from America on Ebay are between £50-£70 inc p&p, but don't include the inevitable charges at this end (probably end up around £100).
          There is a 'Genuine BMW' offering from Latvia but he wants over £180 inc p&p.
          Your Schmieddmann link shows a genuine mount at £161.55 inc p&p, pretty reasonable for a genuine article & they state that they are still open for business!!
          I will probably plump for this one.

Howard

Comment

Schmiedmann are doing free delivery if you spend over 167.50 euros so may be worth ordering something else for a few euros to get the offer?

https://www.schmiedmann.com/

Comment

Already ordered Dave.
              Came to £163 with p&p.
              I have registered an account with them, haven't really checked out the whole site but I assume they will be competitive on genuine brake discs & pads etc.
              Thanks again for pointing them out.

Howard

Comment

Working...
              X