Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer Questions

Hi there,

New to the Forum, seems a great repository of interesting facts, have a few questions which I'd be obliged if anyone could help me with - apologies for any repetition from previous threads.

Having lusted after a Z3M Coupe for years I'm now seriously contemplating buying one now that they are falling under the £15k mark.

I saw a promising one, just sold, at a company called MPowerNewbury. They have another one new in stock today too. As far as I can make out it's not a conventional dealer, just a guy trading out of his home with a mobile number and probably little in the way of traditional dealer facilities. I was wondering whether any of you had any dealing positive or negative with this operation ?

A couple of quick questions about the car itself. I note that the steering wheel cannot be adjusted, have any of you found the driving position too awkward or uncomfortable as a result ? I'm of medium height myself.

Finally, luggage space. Now I know it's going to be pretty limited but I was wondering just how restrictive it might be. I'm no golfer myself, but would you be able to get one or two golf sized bags in the boot do you reckon ? Is there also any cabin storage space at all ?

Thanks for your help,

Craig

Mate, i was looking at the same car this morning! they seem very cheap but i emailed the guy about them.. he seems nice enough and happy to ask any questions i had. where abouts are you from?

Comment

I am just over 6 foot and have no problems with the lack of steering adjustment. I find the luggage space fantastic for a 2 seater sports car. I dont play golf either but i would imagine two sets would fit easily. There is not much cabin storage but enough for the essentials: sungegs, phone, sweeties, ipod in glovey. They have very handy netted storage space in the passenger footwell which is OK when driving but not really suitable for storing stuff in there when leaving the car anywhere as its in sight of the little twats who cant keep their grubby little mitts to themselves.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search. I very much doubt you will be disapointed if/when you buy.

David
      EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
      Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Do a general site search for 'mpower' - he has had a few for sale in the past.

BEN is 6ft5in and he fits but depends on your upper body/leg ratio - others at 6ft2in have found it tight.

The boot is, for a 2 seater, VERY big, and you can load up to the roof as there is a net guard that pulls up behind the seats to stop it crashing all over you when you brake. No room in cabin except for cupholders.
        Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

you can comfortably get two golf bags in the back

Comment

Thanks for the rapid response chaps, all quite encouraging. One more question, when purchasing did you find scope for negotiation with the sellers, or is the relative rarety of the car such that they pretty much go for advertised price ?

S3 - I'm in Surrey. He has that silver one, I liked the look of the black one more to be honest.

Thanks,
            Craig

Comment

Always negotiate!

You never know what position the seller is in, dealer or private.

Some want/need a quick sale and will come down, others have a price in mind and if it is not offered, they keep on the market for longer or simply decide to keep it like some members on here.

I would at least get the guy to knock off the price the full cost of a professional inspection and agree to have put right any niggles there may or may not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig M View Post
                I liked the look of the black one more to be honest.

Craig
                Good Man! Looks meaner doesn't it?

Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbat View Post
                  Good Man! Looks meaner doesn't it?

Greenbat

you know it!!!
                  EX: S50 Black with Kyalami Orange/Black Leather. Becker Bluetooth/Ipod HU.
                  Now: S50 Black/Black with Ap Racing brakes and Race logic

Comment

Black is the new black
                    Ex S50 99 Cosmos Black / Black interior

Comment

Originally posted by Craig M View Post
                      Thanks for the rapid response chaps, all quite encouraging. One more question, when purchasing did you find scope for negotiation with the sellers, or is the relative rarety of the car such that they pretty much go for advertised price ?

S3 - I'm in Surrey. He has that silver one, I liked the look of the black one more to be honest.

Thanks,
                      Craig
                      Im also in surrey, Near Farnham if you know it?

true black is always better... silver is not a BAD.. colour tho.

Comment

might be worth trying one without a sunroof too as they have more headroom i'm led to believe
                        Ex 2001 S54
                        New cars:
                        Lotus Carlton
                        350Z

Comment

Im kinda short so I move the seat up to get to the stationary steering wheel, but then i feel like a giant and have to crouch down a lil to see out the windows.. getting used to it.

Comment

There's a few of us in Surrey, I'm by Gatwick if you wanted to take a closer look at one. Mine has no glass roof so that may be better on headroom?
                            I'm 6'2" and find the legroom lacking (short body) but it hasn't stopped me yet.

Mags

S54 Titianium

Comment

Working...
                            X