Removing speaker grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing speaker grill

has anyone removed the speaker grill at the top of the door which I think covers a tweeter, just need to take the grill off and refurb as mine have discoloured slightly.

I could do with knowing how to get these off, mine have white wax polish embedded in the grill and really need a clean up.

Comment

Yeah, I removed and resprayed mine a year ago and they still look great, they were slightly rusted and were the only part of the trim that looked less than mint......and really bugged me until I did them.....this post outlines how to remove the card (I am sure there are others that cover it in more detail if you need it):

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ight=door+card

Once you have the card removed you have to remove a couple of screws on the back of the card to remove the speakers from memory. Once these are out you can bend out the tabs holding the speaker grill into the door card.

Easy job and very satisfying once done
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

might try something without removing the door card, I will post details (but dont hold your breath)

Comment

refurbed the speaker grills , just masked up the front tweeters and sprayed with satin black paint, also did the same with the HK rear sub cover. here's the results

Last edited by Dave P; 18-10-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Top work Dave, looking fresh.

Ex-Dakar MC Owner - Gone But Not Forgotten

Comment

Old post but updated with new pictures,

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X